Army Alternative Energy Systems
CALIBRE Systems, Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is seeking an Army Alternative Energy Systems and Cost Estimating Engineer.
The U.S. Army Office of Energy Initiatives (OEI) is the central management office for the business case development and execution of large-scale (>10MW) renewable and alternative energy security projects with preferred financing through private capital investment. OEI uses existing Department of Defense (DoD) authorities, including those for power purchase agreements (PPA), enhanced use leases (EUL) and easements, to attract private capital investment.
Selected candidate will serve as a part of the OEI Opportunity Development and Project Execution teams, which are responsible for identifying the vetting new resilience project opportunities and then developing those opportunities into energy security/resiliency projects to meet the mission-specific requirements beginning with the Energy Security Assessment (ESA) reports and Installation Energy and Water Plans (IEWP), identifying specific energy security projects for third-party financing or alternative funding sources. Once a potentially viable project and funding source is available, the project moves to the acquisition process into actual projects for construction using third-party financing and/or direct investment.
- Expertise to function as the subject matter expert for evaluation and implementation of alternative energy project opportunities involving natural gas or combined heat and power (CHP) technologies
- Ability to provide engineering, technical, and managerial direction for problem definition, analysis, requirement development, and implementation for complex systems in the engineering discipline required to meet technical requirements
- Ability to make recommendations and advise on system development, improvements, optimization, or support efforts
- Ability to performs risk assessments and analyses employing modeling and simulation techniques
- Ability to work collaboratively to promote a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide leadership to collaborate and work with diverse team
- Strong analytical skills to assess viability of potential renewable and alternative energy resilience project opportunities, as part of a team of engineers and finance professionals
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have an active a Secret Clearance
- Must Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years of directly related experience, preferably in the energy industry
- Experience with the Army and a deep understanding of alternative energy systems, including energy components and systems