VA Benefits Advisor - Ft. Wainwright
CALIBRE Systems Inc., an employee-owned Management Consulting and Digital Transformation company, is looking for a Benefits Advisor to support our client at Ft. Wainwright, Alaska.
Conduct transition activities in support of the VA. Transition support includes conducting standardized VA Benefits and Services Briefings, one-on-one engagements, pre-separation counseling support, military life cycle (MLC) events, Capstone events, and warm-handover support. Serves as an entry-level instructor delivering established curriculum, training tools, and ensuring course content and delivery methods follow established training objectives.
Responsibilities may include:
- Executing non-event Activities at assigned installation
- Participate in weekly Site Lead meetings
- Execute quality management activities at assigned installation and across the program
- Deliver onsite activities and execute post-event data collection activities
- Travel may be included
- Understand and apply adult learning theories
- Understanding of transitioning Service member populations
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Strong customer management and support skills
- Experience delivering interactive workshops and training to live audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years’ equivalent work/military experience
- Preferred emphasis in Training, Education, Career Counseling, or HR
- Appropriate certifications
- Understanding of VA benefits programs
- Knowledge of the military and experience working with military clients
- Understanding of current veteran issues and challenges pre- and post- transitions
This position is located in Ft. Wainwright, AK. View the Google Map in full screen.