Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward-thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
As a Superintendent for The Boldt Company, your leadership will be a meaningful contribution on our projects that will ensure our projects get completed within budget, on schedule, and in a safe manner. You will schedule, coordinate, and supervise craft employee and subcontractor activities. This role is a valued member of the job site leadership team that provides leadership, development feedback, and mentorship to our construction team on the project. This position may also be hired as a “Trade” Superintendent.
What you get to do:
- Plan and supervise the work of our field employees, subcontractors, and trade partners. This includes figuring out the method of construction, staffing levels, material quantities, equipment, power sources, and work schedules.
- Work with our project teams during preconstruction to assist in scheduling, site logistics, and presenting at interviews. Make improvements to the schedule as needed.
- Develop cohesive teams to manage the work to ensure that the work is installed in compliance with and conforms to approved documents, established schedule, meets codes, and is consistent with our client's expectations.
- Communicate issues (accident, inspections, job site difficulties, etc.) with the project team in a timely manner.
- Resolve construction problems, complaints, and grievances within the workforce as the need arises and with the necessary documentation. Assist Labor Relations in maintaining communications with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning required labor, etc, as needed.
- Participate in PKP (Project Readiness) planning and implement and maintain productivity plan/ tracking.
- Monitor and maintain our safety program including documenting and correcting unsafe work practices and work hazards. Ensure all onsite activities are carried out in accordance with Boldt’s safety program and applicable OSHA (state and federal) regulations to meet our strategic goal of ZERO Incidents.
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current.
- Participate in the development of the master schedule; work with the project owner, project management, and subcontractors as required. Implement Boldt Production System (BPS) planning. Lead and facilitate BPS meetings as needed.
- Monitor all jobsite document controls including daily reports, Built-in Quality (BiQ) Program, Punch lists, schedule updates, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports, timesheets, RFIs and field issues or changes, and any other site activity.
- Help identify potential budget problems and work with the team to develop contingency plans and other measures to control or successfully manage these.
- Ensure any outstanding testing and inspection issues are resolved and complete.
- Know project specifications, the contract, and the contract’s general conditions, and confirm that all materials and subcontract work aligns with contract documents and quality specifications.
- Actively participate in and help recruit staff, including potential superintendents or foremen.
- Demonstrate excellence as a construction team leader— demonstrate outstanding and equitable leadership skills and secure the trust and confidence of our team, AHJ, inspectors, subcontractors, and clients.
- Spend significant time on site providing leadership and oversite of field operations.
- Lead self-perform crews and ensure materials, labor, equipment, and planning are available for successful execution.
- Manage and forecast field General Conditions and General Requirements to maintain the budget.
- Review monthly billings as it relates to Work-in-Place (WIP), payrolls, material invoices, and trade partner pay applications.
- Maintain strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements.
- Be a leader and problem solver. Create an environment where team members can learn and grow.
What we expect from you:
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field; OR high school degree and equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
- Six years industry experience and four years supervisory experience in construction technology, methods, equipment, tools, and work procedures required.
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups essential.
- Effectiveness in developing innovative construction methods and techniques for the project.
- Ability to mentor and train project team in all construction issues.
- Awareness of the general construction, structural steel installation, crane setup, crane capacity, masonry, millwright work, heavy rigging, and critical lift plans.
- Ability to show leadership and be calm under pressure.
- OSHA 30 certification is preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to position objects and operate tools or controls. Employee occasionally uses computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to position self to maneuver in confined or awkward spaces. The employee regularly is required to remain in a stationary position and move to access people or machinery or workspaces. Employee is occasionally required to ascend and/or descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas. The employee must regularly move up to 20 pounds and occasionally move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to travel (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation) and frequently performs work on-site at construction work sites. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor regularly. The employee is required to be able to effectively communicate while on the job site and throughout the completion of duties.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to maintain safety and prevent exposure to harmful materials. The environment for which this position functions may be exposed to prolonged loud noises and may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
The Boldt Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to be a summary of the primary essential duties and responsibilities of this position. The job description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or all of the qualifications that may be required either now or in the future. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed at any time.
This position is located in Oklahoma City, OK. View the Google Map in full screen.