Data Analytics Manager
Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
Our Data & Analytics Manager is responsible for developing strategies to get the right information in front of the right people at the right time. This manager works multi-functionally with our developers, analysts, business end users, and functional leaders to understand data needs, design and implement capture processes, and build informational visualizations and analyses. The ability to empathize with our business users and lead projects to completion is key to this role. Success is demonstrated by effectively leading and encouraging a team of analysts and developers to develop and use the organization’s data assets in pursuit of company goals.
What you get to do:
- Closely collaborate with our functional leaders to ensure their data needs are incorporated into Boldt’s IT strategy.
- Lead all aspects of the development and use of Boldt’s enterprise data warehouse.
- Lead the team of developers and analysts to get data into the hands of business users in the format they need it – from raw datasets to polished dashboards.
- Implement agile development frameworks and build efficiency and reliability into data workflows.
- Forecast and manage costs for cloud and on-premises data resources.
- Stay ahead of industry developments and latest innovations.
- Train, support, and mentor our new team members.
- Advocate for the use of data to improve processes and assist in development of our metrics to measure business outcomes.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Business Analytics, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and leading analytics projects.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in modern cloud data analytics architectures including cloud data warehousing, data integration, data lakes, data modeling, and data visualization.
- Demonstrate curiosity and problem-solving abilities with focus on accuracy and timeliness.
- Self-starter, results focused with high degree of energy, tenacity, and creativity.
- Strong observation, listening, and written/oral communication skills required and desire to learn and grow.
- Proven ability to collaborate, read the room, and build consensus.
- Professional and positive demeanor with internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality around confidential data.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work outside of regular hours in emergency circumstances.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
This position is located in Appleton, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.