Project Accounting Specialist
HOW YOUR ROLE FITS INTO BOLDT:
The Project Accounting Specialist works directly with the construction project team(s) to provide project accounting support and complete project administrative tasks in the areas of accounts payable, customer billings, accounts receivable, basic general ledger accounting, cost accounting, and payroll processing. This role will be immersed in the construction project, with exposure to and support of the professional fields of project management, project controls, architecture, engineering, and construction.
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and a love of construction are what we value.
What you get to do:
- Work with project controls and project management personnel to understand appropriate job codes, cost codes, and general ledger account codes for use in posting accounts payable, billings, and payroll transactions.
- Review material invoices to reconcile quantities and amounts with purchase orders and packing slips.
- Confirm accuracy of sales tax rates, calculations, and amounts on invoices.
- Assemble cost transaction documentation for billings including charges for union labor, non-union labor, materials, subcontracts, general conditions services, and construction rental equipment.
- Prepare customer billings with their format, frequency, charges, and rates consistent with requirements identified in the customer contract agreement.
- Collaborate with project managers on the review and submission of customer billings to ensure charges are appropriate and accurate, and billings are submitted timely.
- Coordinate with subcontractors on the timely submission of payment applications to be included in customer billing and on ensuring provided documentation aligns with customer requirements.
- Assist in the collection and entry of timesheets for union construction workers on a daily and weekly basis.
- Ensure a daily focus on working as a team player, being diligent and meticulous in approach to duties, taking the initiative to address problems, and seeing tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
- Complete other various project accounting tasks as required to support the project, operating group, and corporate objectives.
- Responsibilities may vary between working with a single large project or with multiple smaller projects simultaneously.
What we expect from you:
- Associate degree in accounting preferred; a combination of education/training and experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 1 year of related construction project accounting experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of construction project accounting principles and processes for accounts payable, customer billings, and payroll timesheets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel; and skilled in Adobe or Bluebeam PDF software.
This role may require a valid Driver's License and clear Motor Vehicle Report.
This position is located in Chicago, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.