Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
The Buyer is accountable for the research, evaluation and negotiation of supplies, equipment and services ensuring quality and cost parameters are met.
What you get to do:
- Receive and review purchase requisitions for accuracy conferring with appropriate individuals to determine specific needs while taking into account budget allocations, market conditions and availability.
- Research sources of supply using internet searches, reading current periodicals and product literature, interviewing marketing representatives and evaluating sample products.
- Assist in the preparation of requests for bid quotations.
- Analyze bids received, issue purchase orders, prepare and monitor contracts while outlining performance standards, tolerances, warranties and maintenance requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues by attending periodic project touchpoint meetings to ensure understanding of specific organizational needs and to provide information regarding new products.
- Investigate critical or unusual issues or complaints regarding vendors and products providing guidance and assistance on how to handle.
- Interpret company policy governing purchasing activities and the awarding of contracts primarily focusing on state and local sales tax rates and project specific exemptions.
- Meet with supplier and subcontractor representatives to discuss new products or services and to discuss current market conditions and pricing.
- Coordinate with project staff to ensure contract value commitments are allocated to the project budget accurately.
- Assist in establishing new accounts with suppliers and subcontractors. Facilitate the exchange of credit applications and references and works with accounts payable to ensure correct set-up in Boldt systems.
- Facilitate the negotiation of contract commercial terms with risk management when there is a dispute.
- Provide back-up to other team members as needed.
- Complete additional duties and tasks as assigned.
- Prepare all required documentation for purchase orders. Expedite awarded purchase order to insure timely delivery.
- Recommend and advise user departments on new or different materials, revised designs, and improved systems that could enhance efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Visit vendor facilities to analyze capabilities and products.
- Expedite deliveries on items that have critical delivery lead times.
- Coordinate invoice problems with vendor and accounting and delivery requirements with vendor and company representatives.
- Initiate invitation to Pre-Qualify new subcontractors into Trade-Tapp Pre-Qualification.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, supply chain management or similar field required.
- At least two years of purchasing experience or other related experience in the construction industry required.
- Microsoft O365 experience required. BlueBeam experience is preferred.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
This position is located in Appleton. View the Google Map in full screen.