Estimator I - Construction Industry
Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
The Estimator I will assist in providing estimating services and expertise for a variety of market sectors and contract delivery methods with the goal of creating estimates that cultivate success through a OneBoldt approach while returning the planned profit to the company.
Responsibilities include preparing, planning, organizing, and evaluating estimates, along with being engaged in the Target Value Design process to submit bids and responses to proposals.
What you get to do:
- Assist in the preparation of estimates and other deliverables.
- Review drawings, specifications, and owner documents to establish scope of work contents for estimate and other respective deliverables.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed estimates which may include self-perform.
- Assist with takeoffs on assigned projects using OnCenter.
- Work with the project team to finalize documents for the specific deliverable.
- Support the team to capture the information required for presentations.
- Assists with Subcontractor solicitation and bid evaluation.
- Assist in the development of design options and best solutions based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Support project teams as required, which may include other types of projects and market sectors.
- Work on specific assignments to identify the material, equipment and respective labor for the given trade or scope of work.
- Support the Bid Solicitation process for the assigned projects. Gain the vital skills to properly use software and connect with all subcontractors.
- Support the risk analysis process.
- Learn and apply the basics of conceptual estimating and cost modeling.
- Possess the traits that support a supportive environment with a team-player attitude.
- Upload estimates to system. Assist with the organization and procurement of all estimating documents, deliverables and contract exhibits and attachments required for construction.
- Begin to understand the basics of all labor rates, self-perform productivities, and crew mixes.
- Other duties, responsibilities, or activities may be assigned at any time.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other related degree required. Equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience considered in lieu of a degree.
- One to two years of construction experienced preferred.
- The knowledge or mentality to interpret Construction Documents and understands the general principles of construction and the components of Sitework and Buildings are required.
- A strong understanding of excel spreadsheets and ability to learn takeoff and estimating software is required.
- Ability to develop proficiency in construction coding in MasterFormat and Uniformat.
- Detail orientation to manage and analyze data and promote complete and accurate work.
- Applicable mathematical and geometrical knowledge.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Hybrid work schedule
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
This position is located in Appleton, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.