Construction Project Financial Manager
Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
As a Project Financial Manager for the Boldt Company, you will be responsible for supervising the financial integrity and profitability of one or more large projects. This role will assist project teams in the management of production, ensure accurate billing and change orders, review estimates and scope to ensure alignment within the project team, and recognize and act on trends. While the incumbent will independently provide expertise, they will also complete this through the influence of other project groups and directly manage and mentor other project financial professionals.
What you get to do:
From the Job description:
- Lead, direct and coordinate construction accounting within one or more sections such as accounts payable, payroll, billing, and job costing for major projects and an operating division.
- Review the project estimates with the project team to understand the scope, work breakdown structure, self-perform areas, subcontracted areas, and general requirements.
- Examine the contract terms and support the project manager in ensuring the contract's financial terms and conditions are followed. Work with various contract types such as lump sum, GMP, IPD, and Joint Ventures and apply cost control measures appropriate to each contract type.
- Understand and help develop the billing Schedule of Values for project billings.
- Update monthly all project budget cost forecasts for self-performed work (and subcontracted activities in ILPD projects).
- Use ERP system and spreadsheets as necessary to assemble and analyze productivity measurements and progress metrics to identify trends.
- Reconcile differences in actual productivity rates with estimated rates, identify areas for system improvements and communicate findings to project leadership.
- Use updated performance metrics and quantities to determine expected results of remaining work and adjust forecasts as necessary.
- Assist project manager in facilitating production management discussions.
- Supervise periodic accounting and procedural audit checks of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Coordinate project audits by owners as required and facilitate routine corporate audits of operations/offices and construction sites.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, finance or related field; a combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Five or more years of experience working within project controls or construction accounting.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction project controls or project accounting.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, critical thinking, and leadership abilities.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of Power BI beneficial.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-site, growing organization.
- Drive continuous improvement and promotes positive changes.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Hybrid work schedule
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
This position is located in Waukesha, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.