Field Accountant II
Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
The Field Accountant works directly with the construction project team to provide field accounting support and complete project administrative tasks in the areas of accounts payable and receivable, client billings, basic general ledger accounting, cost accounting and payroll processing. This role will be immersed in the construction project, with exposure to and support of the professional fields of project management, architecture, engineering, and construction.
What you get to do:
- Perform basic general ledger accounting and cost accounting duties which include verifying data for completeness and accuracy.
- Process accounts payable and vendor invoice/packing slip reconciliation.
- Evaluate subcontractor and owner contracts for client billing validation.
- Review field payroll for craft personnel and validate for client billings.
- Assist with support of subcontract adherence, certificates of insurance, and other compliance areas as necessary.
- Active participation in team huddles/meetings.
- Ensure a daily focus on strong communication and process improvement.
What we expect from you:
- Associate degree required; a combination of education/training and experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- 3 + years experience in construction accounting preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, Outlook & Adobe/Bluebeam with a strong knowledge of excel required.
- Proven attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Professional communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to take initiative and solve problems.
- Conscientious and meticulous approach to duties; sees tasks through to completion and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and be a strong team player.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
This position is located in Waukesha, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.