Marketing Specialist - Construction
With more than 2000 employees and 14 locations, The Boldt Company is growing and looking to add a Marketing Specialist to join our team. We are a fourth-generation family and employee-owned company who believes in hard work, has an innovative spirit, and a strong commitment to our values. As a member of the Boldt family, you will collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry, have a chance to learn and grow, and be part of a team that builds real value in the world around you.
This role can be based in either our Sacramento or San Francisco office.
HOW YOUR ROLE FITS INTO BOLDT:
Our Marketing Specialist is responsible for high level market research, development of company and business unit marketing collateral (print and digital), coordination and production of proposals, projects, and presentations, attending relevant events, and assisting with updates to Boldt’s intranet, website, digital asset management system and CRM within our division’s in-house marketing team. Key metrics of this position include creating, implementing, tracking, and optimizing our digital and traditional marketing campaigns across various marketing channels.
Success in this role is demonstrated by a proven track record of self-motivating, proactive behaviors, and by demonstrating ability to collaborate effectively and manage multiple projects at a time to efficiently complete projects that help us achieve our company’s strategic goals.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Research and analyze market data on a local, regional, and national level and determine effectiveness of Boldt’s initiatives and campaigns; conduct competitor research and analyses we well as a market study to establish customer trends and habits.
- Help establish goals and objectives to reach our customers through appropriate marketing channels (digital and traditional).
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers through prospecting and networking.
- Assist in creating, implementing, tracking, and optimizing our marketing initiatives.
- Promote brand awareness through marketing efforts.
- Create marketing materials for our external website, The Connector, social media, and other marketing platforms.
- Support the marketing team with marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas including optimization, social media, advertising, direct marketing, and event planning.
- Assist with the analyses of marketing data including campaign results, conversion rates, and online traffic to improve future marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Manage RFQ/P requirements, refine written strategies, and incorporate win themes into the planning of RFP/Q responses.
- Write succinct, superior content within deadlines, addressing the peculiarities of the project and the client.
- Manage production of proposal and interview presentations and materials, including PowerPoint, boards, leave behinds, placemats, etc.
- Identify and rewrite boilerplate from existing proposals to meet proposal requirements when appropriate.
- Responsible for design of various marketing projects including print and digital collateral, social media graphics, presentations, and more while using company templates.
- Perform content editing and identify gaps and proposal weaknesses. Work with Business Developers, and Subject Matter Experts to develop and refine proposal content. Incorporate comments and change content based on feedback from review teams. Assist with quality control of final proposals.
- Responsible for video and editing, and professional photo coordination as needed.
- Responsible for awards submissions and membership renewals/updates.
- Manage events planning and presentations for career fairs, as well as groundbreakings, topping out ceremonies, ribbon cuttings, etc.
- Prepare the marketing materials, needed by the Business Developers for sales calls.
- Collects and organizes proposal-related information, including project descriptions, resumes, proposal language, and more.
- Assist in updates to website, intranet, digital asset management system, and CRM.
- Manage inventory of marketing department equipment to ensure items are in good working condition and are returned after use.
- Manage swag/custom graphic design orders for office and operations; order marketing supplies and ensure adequate stock exists for proposals and other marketing related materials.
- Manage photos and archiving of old proposals.
- Engage in community outreach and volunteer events.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and CRM is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as time management skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple big projects with great attention to detail.
- Thrives in a team-focused, fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Strong social skills, ability to work well with other people at all levels.
- Exhibits confidence, humility, emotional intelligence, and a positive attitude with high level of professional maturity and confidentiality.
- Generates and champions creative ideas and is committed to continuous improvement.
- Experience in Architecture, Engineering or Construction (A/E/C) fields is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to effectively communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
This job description is intended to be a summary of the primary essential duties and responsibilities of this position. The job description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or all of the qualifications that may be required either now or in the future. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed at any time.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
- Hybrid work opportunities
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
This position is located in Sacramento, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.