Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
Why Join ACIST?
We care as much about our employees as we do our patients. Our culture fosters a work environment where employees can thrive, be passionate and have fun along the way. Each member of the ACIST team has the power to make a difference......every day!
As a member of the Bracco Medical Technologies (BMT) Executive Committee, provide strategic and specific legal advice to all businesses, functions and departments within global BMT businesses. Acting as a strategic business partner, lead the Company’s legal activities to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and policies and protect the Company’s interests. Reporting directly to the BMT President and CEO with dotted line reporting to the Bracco Imaging Group Head of Global Legal Affairs & Compliance, advises the various BMT Company Board of Directors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise the CEO, President, Chairman of the Board and Board of Directors on all legal and governance matters. Attend Board meetings of BMT companies and draft and maintain Board minutes and appropriate Board resolutions.
- Oversight of policies and procedures on all external contracts to ensure consistency, compliance and adherence to corporate guidelines.
- Advise, review, negotiate, and draft contracts including license agreements, distribution agreements, confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, employment and separation agreements, real estate contracts, term sheets and various other documents and contracts.
- Oversee the intellectual property portfolio of the Company
- Advise the Company on a variety of corporate, human resource, regulatory, and insurance matters
- Identify and manage outside counsel partners.
- Manage a legal department with other lawyers, paralegals and support staff.
- Participate in the evaluation, negotiation and drafting of new business development opportunities and related documents.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to all departments in all regions where we operate and corporate personnel on matters involving legal issues.
- Review and approve all marketing materials and corporate communications including press releases, advertising, promotional materials and product labeling.
- Oversee and manage all Company litigation including product liability claims, intellectual property claims, employment claims, contractual and commercial claims.
- Develop, monitor and oversee the Company’s corporate governance, policies and compliance programs.
- Advise human resources and senior management on employment contracts, non-compete and consulting agreements.
- Develop and maintain a basic knowledge of legal practices and a legal consultant network in regions where BMT affiliates are located: USA, the Netherlands, Japan, and Switzerland.
- Collaborate with the Bracco Corporate legal function to ensure consistency and BMT compliance with Bracco Group initiatives and policies.
- Oversee Global Anti-Corruption, Antitrust and Privacy Programs and local SOP implementation, training and compliance in coordination with the North America Compliance Officer.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Law degree from accredited ABA law school
- Member Minnesota State Bar and ability to practice law in the state of Minnesota.
- 10+ years legal experience, preferably with some experience in the medical device field.
- Excellent organization skill and ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of the BMT and Bracco organizations.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills
- Ability to seek out and capture competitive intelligence and compile and communicate findings.
- Ability to balance legal and business risk
- Ability to design effective processes to track and analyze data
- Ability to effectively coordinate external vendors/counsel as required.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Mental demands – work is detail oriented, often with multiple priorities. The environment is deadline sensitive and may be exposed to high-pressure situations.