Customer Support Manager
Why Join ACIST?
We care as much about our employees as we do our patients. Our culture fosters a work environment where employees can thrive, be passionate and have fun along the way. Each member of the ACIST team has the power to make a difference......every day!
The Customer Support Manager is responsible for all Customer Support (Call Center) and Repair Services administration support. This role will will manage a team to support US Service Contract administration, implement business and process improvement initiatives that will lead to higher levels of financial growth, department efficiency, and overall output and drive organizational development strategies and improve associated business systems and process infrastructure to meet customer satisfaction directives. This individual will align with cross-functional management to support new product development, product launch, product life cycle management, and the overall improvement of service delivery as it pertains to meeting customer expectations in supporting and servicing the installed base.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all Customer Support (Call Center), and Repair Services administration support. Support US Service Contract administration. Manage and support associated processes and business systems and the application and use of such by service personnel during daily functions. Implement business application, and process flow, improvements per alignment with Global Service standards.
- Align with Product Development, Manufacturing/Operations, Sales/Marketing, QA/RA and Global Service on new product launch and life cycle management initiatives (including but not limited to product requirements gathering, launch, upgrades, recalls and end of life).
- Oversee the day to day Customer Support function; align with Operations on supporting activities including parts forecasting, and product shipment.
- Mitigate and manage customer escalations via alignment with Sales and Marketing.
- Administer and manage all business aspects of Customer Service including pricing, cost structure, P&L reporting, and department budget. Implement profit improvement and cost control/reduction initiatives per alignment with Finance and Global Service.
- Manage integrated data reporting system to proactively monitor service performance to business and customer satisfaction standards and to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Construct, gather, report and manage key performance indicators/metrics; identify areas of improvement and implement plans to address.
- Manage customer satisfaction performance to set goals. Support strategic plans to improve customer satisfaction with the services and support provided. Develop, engage and recognize customer facing employees in customer experience management.
- Implement and provide departmental policies, processes and guidelines; manage associated process workflows.
- Manage ACIST service compliance with all applicable Quality System requirements including FDA, ISO 13485 and GMP.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- BA degree in Engineering or Business or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- 5 years management and leadership experience within Customer and/or Technical Service.
- 5 years medical device industry experience
- Working knowledge and experience with quality system regulations and guidelines, ISO, FDA, and GMP
- Business development skills; experience in creating and administering cost savings and revenue driven service plans and departmental budgets; ability to analyze financial data and performance to key service measures
- Demonstrated project management skills in order to develop and operate the service organization and associated systems and processes
- High level of leadership, people management and organizational development skills; ability to drive and implement change in fast paced, product and customer needs driven environment
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and communication skills; effective written and graphical skills
- High level of computer proficiency including MS Office Suite, proficient with work processing, spreadsheet, and business applications including SAP or equivalent ERP system.
- Strategic thinking, analytical and creative skills to market and grow service revenue
- High level of customer service and satisfaction skills; customer centric driven– ability to drive and implement customer satisfaction plans
- Project planning and management experience with a track record of project leadership
- Experience managing call center or technical support agent queues
- Experience in or with billing, accounts receivable, and purchasing department
- Travel requirements are moderate; travel for global service or corporate project planning meetings and customer visits is expected to be less than 15%