Residential Services Coordinator 998095
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives. At Xavier, we believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive environment. Every member of our community has a role to play in advancing our architecture of belonging. We welcome candidates with unique experiences, backgrounds, education, cultures, and beliefs to apply.
The Residential Services Coordinator provides key support for the Office of Residence Life with emphasis on the operations and services impacting 2,300+ residential students. This individual takes an administrative role in resource provision, enforcing related policies, executing financial processes, and serving as the primary person for the departmental procurement needs. Position reports to Assistant Director for Housing Operations.
The Coordinator serves as a developer of the Resident Assistant Recognition and Alumni Engagement program, crafting engagement opportunities for the Residence Life team, and keeping connected to RA alumni. The Coordinator supports the design, implementation, and communication of all housing operations processes with particular focus on hall opening/closing, semester health and safety checks, and housing selection processes throughout the calendar year.
The role provides daily administrative support for the Office of Residence Life. Specific duties include supervision of student workers, office management, and providing front line customer service to students, staff, parents, and guests to the University.
This is an hourly administrative role working in an office setting. The hourly rate is $20.28.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as first point of contact for students, families, and guests of the University in facilitating all public facing office operations including by phone, email, and in-person visits.
- Hires, trains, and supervises central office student workers including coordination with Student Employment office, on-going training, project allocation, and budget monitoring.
- Serves as the central procurer for the department including the creation of requisitions, problem solving with vendor setup, and serving as the receiver and distributor of shipments and orders for all related groups.
- Responds to a variety of student and parent inquiries/outreach with particular focus on operational processes such as housing selection, roommate pairing, hall opening and closing, residential student amenities, and facilities.
- Coordinates departmental fundraising efforts with support from Alumni Affairs. Partners to provide re-engagement opportunities for RA alumni.
- Chairs the departmental RA recognition committee in providing regular events for residential leaders to show appreciation for their efforts.
- Administers departmental policies and related processes including invoicing, student access, fines, and summer housing
- Associate’s Degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website. Review of candidate materials will begin on September 18, 2023. This position will remain open until filled.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.