Student Account Specialist 998108
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier University seeks a Student Account Specialist to provide customer service in the Bursar’s Office by helping students and parents when they enter the office or when they contact the office by phone or email. This person will also assist the student workers in the office as they provide customer service on the front line of the Bursar office as well as post payments to students’ bursar accounts and perform other Bursar duties assigned.
- Provide customer service to parents, students, faculty, and staff by phone, email, or in person. This includes but is not limited to monitoring our office email account, counseling students and families on how to finance their Xavier education, cashiering student account payments (cash, checks, and wire transfers), and processing departmental deposits.
- Collaborate with other on-campus offices (i.e. Controller, Financial Aid, Student Involvement, etc.) by balancing the previous business day's transactions to General Ledger. Disburse and reconcile student club funds, process tuition credits for dropped classes, and for students who are enrolled in undergraduate programs that are unconventionally billed (Physics, Music, Theatre, etc.). Process deposit refunds as requested by the Admission office.
- Responsible for the crediting, billing, invoicing, collection, and reconciliation of more than 25 3rdParty accounts. Post and deposit donated scholarships to student accounts and General Ledger. Perform other duties as prescribed by the Assistant Bursar.
- Process returned checks and ACH Payments. Manage all aspects of the refund process including but not limited to processing, issuing, managing returned refunds, compiling with all Federal Regulations, and communicating to students and parents regarding refunds and the refund process.
- Train, manage, and evaluate student workers through direct supervision and performing duties such as preparing schedules for the semester, calculating student timesheets, emailing students with schedule requests, and providing updates on office activities.
- Required High School Diploma/GED.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree - 1-3 years of general accounting experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaker preferred
Xavier is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure prompt consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website. Review of applications will start on March 13, 2023. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. Candidates are also asked to include in their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.