Administrative Assistant II, Eigel Center 999676
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier University seeks an Administrative Assistant II to provide administrative and project support for the Eigel Center for Community-Engaged Learning. The Eigel Center supports collaborative community-based learning experiences that prepare graduates for a world that is increasingly diverse, complex, and interdependent. Leveraging engaged faculty and community assets, the Center guides the development and integration of meaningful immersive and service-learning courses that bridge classrooms to communities and provide a mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources. Annually, the Eigel Center works with Programs and Academic Departments to design and support curriculum that integrates community-engaged learning into faculty teaching and research, and acts as a primary resource in advancing and coordinating institutional resources that support community-engaged learning for all students, faculty, and staff. The Center directs Xavier’s Community Engaged Fellows Service Scholarship Program. Recipients of the scholarship are required to perform ten hours of service each week during the course of their college careers while serving as role models for other students and promoting Jesuit ideals on campus.
The Administrative Assistant II provides support to the Director of the Eigel Center, primarily through administering the annual Faculty Academy and Community Engaged Scholars’ Mini Grant Program, including coordination of materials, meeting space, and processing stipends. The Administrative Assistant has primary responsibility for managing Xavier’s service scholarship program, the Community-Engaged Fellows (CEF), including coordinating all logistics for the Fellowship Scholarship Competition, recruiting reviewers and interviewers; arranging meeting space needs and catering, scheduling meetings and events, maintaining CEF files, tracks receipts of assignments, arranges off site meeting location and transportation, and serving as liaison between CEF’s and the Director. The Administrative Assistant II also supports the administrative needs of several student-led service clubs that are directed and guided by the Center, and maintains an annual electronic Community Partners’ Database (comprehensive service site listing) for the benefit of all University students, staff, and faculty.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Logistical and administrative support including but not limited to the Center’s main academic initiatives: The Academy for Community Engaged Faculty, and the Community Engaged Scholars.
- Oversees the operational functions for the Eigel Center regarding office space, supplies, equipment, and record keeping.
- Manages the Eigel Center budget. Uses Banner and Excel spreadsheets to track expenditures; provides monthly budget reports.
- Coordinates all logistics for the Community-Engaged Fellowship including the annual Scholarship Competition, monthly dinners, and service hours and academic reporting.
- Supports the administrative needs of community-facing student service clubs that are guided by the Center.
- Oversees and manages student workers for the Eigel Center.
- Associate’s degree, and 1-3 years of administrative and managerial experience supporting a professional office including budget reporting, vendor logistics, and purchasing.
- Experience using word processing and data entry tools, and developing spreadsheets and presentations.
- Ability to manage complex and constantly changing Outlook calendars.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in person and through written and electronic correspondence.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working independently on multiple projects.
- Experience dealing with challenges that require creative problem solving, persistence, and partnership.
- Experience engaging diverse communities.
- Ability to maintain and support the Center’s website and other communication channels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with event coordination.
Xavier is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure prompt consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by August 3, 2022. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled. Candidates are also asked to include in their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination upon onboarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.