Lead Librarian (Youth Services)
LIBRARY LOCATION: Old Worthington Library
DESIGNATED POSITION HOURS: 37 hours per week
ANNUALIZED SALARY: $58,085 minimum
- Sunday (every 3rd): 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Either a Friday or Saturday each week (based on a rotating schedule): 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
We’re looking for the kind of leader that makes everyone around them better, and who is passionate about serving patrons of all ages. Someone who is smart, caring and encouraging. Can you relate? Then we’d like to work with you! As a Lead Librarian with Worthington Libraries, you’ll be part of our hard-working, fun-loving group that jokes that our unofficial motto is “Teamwork makes the dream work!” It’s in this team environment that you’ll play a vital role in developing staff and creating a supportive work culture. We’re a forward-thinking library that serves a diverse community and works to build meaningful connections wherever we can. Since we’re constantly asking “What’s next?”, flexibility, creativity and the ability to lead change are critical in this position. Our award-winning library has been an important part of the community since its founding in 1803, and we’re proud to combine traditional library services with the innovative. What do we offer? Lots of food and fun, plus a supportive culture that includes leadership and development opportunities. Join us as we work together to be the library our patrons deserve!
IN A NUTSHELL
Under direction, the Lead Librarian supervises employees in either the Adult Services Department or the Youth Services Department; develops the collection; assists patrons in identifying and locating appropriate materials using electronic, print and other resources; trains patrons in the use of resources; and prepares and conducts programs designed to encourage library use.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Proactively provides customer service
- Supervisory duties
- Serves as librarian-in-charge, as assigned
- Performs duties of Librarian
- Assists patrons with basic troubleshooting of common software products, operating systems, browsers and other technologies associated with library services (including handheld devices, e-readers, laptops, tablets, etc.)
- Performs duties of Circulation Team Leader, as needed
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Proficient in the use of the Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to arrange items in alphanumeric and/or subject order
- Ability to address and resolve patron conflicts equitably
- Superior working knowledge of traditional and electronic resources including web sites and databases; excellent online searching skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to deliver programs and speak before groups
- Ability to retain and follow circulation policies and procedures
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Master's degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school
- A minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience
This position is located at 820 High Street, Worthington, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.