LIBRARY LOCATION: Worthington Park Library
DESIGNATED POSITION HOURS: Minimum 37 hours per week
ANNUALIZED SALARY: The annual salary is negotiable commensurate with experience. The minimum is $67,955.
Monday through Friday, some evenings and weekends required.
We’re looking for the kind of leader that makes everyone around them better, and who is passionate about serving patrons of all ages. Someone who is smart, caring and encouraging. Can you relate? Then we’d like to work with you! As a library manager with Worthington Libraries, you’ll be part of our hard-working, fun-loving group that jokes that our unofficial motto is “Teamwork makes the dream work!” It’s in this team environment that you’ll play a vital role in developing staff and creating a supportive and inclusive work culture. We’re a forward-thinking library that serves a diverse community and works to build meaningful connections wherever we can. Since we’re constantly asking “What’s next?”, flexibility, creativity and the ability to lead change are critical in this position. You’ll have the chance to wear many hats in this role, so experience in both Adult Services and Youth Services will be of particular benefit. Our award-winning library has been an important part of the community since its founding in 1803, and we’re proud to combine traditional library services with the innovative. What do we offer? Lots of food and fun, plus a supportive culture that includes leadership and development opportunities. Join us as we work together to be the library our patrons deserve!
In a Nutshell
Under general direction, the Library Manager oversees the daily operation of a library and coordinates services with the other libraries in the Worthington Libraries system.
The Nitty Gritty
- Oversees the daily operation of the Library
- Works closely with managers and librarians to coordinate circulation, programming and collection development functions
- Participates in the development and administration of the annual budget for a library
- Ensures ongoing collection maintenance of print, audio-visual, and electronic resources
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the community
- Participates in long range planning
- Evaluates building and equipment maintenance and repair needs and works with Facilities staff to address them
- Ensures effective exchange of communication among departments and between libraries
- Supervisory duties
- Performs duties of Circulation Manager and Lead Librarian, as needed
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations and library policies
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to arrange items in alphanumeric and/or subject order
- Ability to address and resolve patron conflicts equitably
- Knowledge of traditional and electronic resources including web sites, databases and on-line searching skills
- Knowledge of budget development and administration
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Master's degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional library experience in positions with progressive levels of responsibility
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience
This position is located at 1389 Worthington Centre Drive, Worthington, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.