Circulation Assistant (Part-time)
LIBRARY LOCATION: Northwest Library
DESIGNATED POSITION HOURS: 20 hours per week
HOURLY RATE: $16.98
- Sunday (every 3rd): 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Monday: 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.*
- Tuesday: 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.*
- Wednesday: 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.*
- Thursday: 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.*
- Either Friday or Saturday each week (based on a rotating schedule): 2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- *The schedule for Monday-Thursday will be 5:00 p.m-9:00 p.m. once the library resumes pre-pandemic hours of operation.
We love superheroes, honeybees and BuzzFeed DIY videos. Why? They help people. If you’re detail-oriented and enjoy helping people, too, we’d like to work with you! As a circulation assistant, you’ll be part of a hard-working, fun-loving group that jokes about our unofficial motto: “Teamwork makes the dream work!” Your flexibility, creative problem solving and passion for people are just what we need to provide the highest level of customer service. Our award-winning library has been an important part of the community since its founding in 1803, and we’re proud to combine traditional library services with the innovative. Join us for food and fun as we work together to be the library our patrons deserve!
IN A NUTSHELL
Under direct supervision, the Circulation Assistant serves patrons at the circulation desk and processes circulating materials.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Proactively provides customer service by assisting patrons with Public Access Catalog (PAC), check-out, self check-out, copiers, printers and locating or retrieving materials
- Answers questions and assists patrons in the use of library resources at various service points including phones and pick-up window
- Assists patrons with Library card accounts and resolves account disputes
- Locates, retrieves, sorts, restocks, checks-in and checks-out all library materials accurately and efficiently
- Performs duties of Circulation Aide, as needed
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to address and resolve patron conflicts equitably
- Ability to retain and follow circulation department policies and procedures
- Proficient in the use of the Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Ability to meet circulation department standards for shelving and sorting
- Ability to pass alphanumeric sorting test
- Ability to pass computer skills test
Education, Training and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of one (1) year of paid work experience
This position is located at 2280 Hard Road, Columbus, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.