Adult Services Librarian
LIBRARY LOCATION: Old Worthington Library
DESIGNATED POSITION HOURS: 37 hours per week
ANNUALIZED SALARY: $47,676.72
- Sunday (every 3rd): 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday: 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Either a Friday or Saturday each week (based on a rotating schedule): 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
We love superheroes, honeybees and BuzzFeed DIY videos. Why? They help people. If you enjoy helping people, too, we’d like to work with you! As a librarian, you’ll be part of a hard-working, fun-loving group that jokes about our unofficial motto: “Teamwork makes the dream work!” It’s in this team environment that you’ll play a vital role in developing innovative programs and services. Your flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm are just what we need to create quality experiences and share with patrons – let’s be honest – amazing library resources! Our award-winning library has been an important part of the community since its founding in 1803, and we’re proud to combine traditional library services with the innovative. What do we offer? Lots of food and fun, plus a supportive culture that includes conference attendance and leadership and development opportunities. Join us as we work together to be the library our patrons deserve!
IN A NUTSHELL
Under direction, the Librarian assists patrons in identifying and locating appropriate materials using electronic, print and other resources; trains patrons in the use of resources; develops the collection and prepares and conducts programs designed to encourage library use.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Proactively provides customer service
- Interviews, researches, and answers questions from patrons
- Assists Materials Selectors in developing and maintaining a high quality collection based on community needs, usage levels, and relevance of materials
- Evaluates materials, utilizes statistical data and reports for collection maintenance and makes withdrawals according to library guidelines
- Initiates the development and implementation of adult, teen, and children's programs to increase awareness of library resources and encourage library use
- Recommends materials based on patrons' interests
- Develops and maintains services and collections of the Worthington Room, as assigned
- Provides programs, presentations and training to patrons and other organizations, in the Library and in the community
- Serves as librarian-in-charge, as assigned
- Assists patrons with basic troubleshooting of common software products, operating systems, browsers and other technologies associated with library services (including handheld devices, e-readers, laptops tablets, etc.
- Performs duties of Homebound Service Associate, Homework Help Center Associate, Library Associate, Programming Specialist and Circulation Assistant, as needed
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Proficient in the use of the Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment in handling information and records
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to arrange items in alphanumeric and/or subject order
- Superior working knowledge of traditional and electronic resources including web sites and databases; excellent online searching skills
- Ability to deliver programs and speak before groups
- Ability to retain and follow circulation policies and procedures
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Master's degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school
- A minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience
This position is located at 820 N HIGH ST, Worthington, OH. View the Google Map in full screen.