Senior Director, CDC Grant (Global Health Team)
The Intersection of Calling and Career
World Vision is hiring a Senior Director, CDC Grant within the International Programs Group (IPG) at World Vision US.
At a Glance
Role: Sr. Director, CDC Grant
Location: U.S. Based (Washington, DC preferred)
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Health
A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the specified sector to include assessment, evaluation, and design of projects required. Experience in health program implementation in fragile/conflict settings including experience in health systems strengthening, immunization, surveillance, supply chain management, and community mobilization.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA for any employer.
Travel: Up to 25% international travel to include development and fragile contexts.
Salary Range: $117,211- $197,028. Applies to locations with a market similar to our U.S. HQ in the Greater Seattle area. A different range may apply based on your work location. Please note the typical hiring range is $125,192- $157,119 a year. Job offers within the range are based on relevant job qualifications and pay equity. This range applies to many major U.S. cities. A different salary range may apply based on work location, in alignment with the local labor market. See Salary Range & Benefits section below for more details on our compensation and benefits. World Vision employees see our Salary Administration Guidelines and My Life My Benefits pages on our organization intranet known as The Vine.
World Vision is seeking a Senior Director for an anticipated project titled, “Strengthening immunization program implementation in sub-national consequential geographies,” which is funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC seeks to partner with NGOs in a multi-country program to reach children in consequential geographies with routine immunizations and support health systems with capacity strengthening and resources for infectious disease surveillance.
The Senior Director will be responsible for the successful implementation of the CDC-funded project to identify and vaccinate zero and under-dose children, support polio eradication, measles mortality reduction and regional measles and rubella elimination, hepatitis B and maternal and neonatal tetanus elimination, and other vaccine-preventable diseases (VPD) surveillance; global laboratory networks for polio and measles/rubella; planning and implementation of supplemental immunization campaigns; and strengthening of immunization delivery systems and capacities in high priority countries.
The Senior Director is responsible for providing overall strategic leadership, oversight, and coordination for project activities and staff. S/he will possess both deep applied experience in immunization, surveillance, health system strengthening, and primary health care in fragile and conflict settings. S/he will have demonstrated abilities in leadership, strategic thinking, development of effective teams, and change management. S/he must also have a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with host country agencies, including central and local governments, development partners, civil society, and community-based organizations.
The Senior Director will provide leadership in the design and implementation of the project to ensure effective and streamlined management of program operations that are in alignment with the CDC’s goals, objectives, and requirements. The Senior Project Director will serve as a liaison between the CDC, project personnel, consortium partners, and key stakeholders; lead communications with supported countries and develop Country Operating Plans (COP); plan annual targets; ensure appropriate use of resources with the support of the Senior Management Team (SMT); and supervise and mentor interdisciplinary teams. S/he will lead the SMT to identify areas of concern within the project and work with the program team to find viable solutions. S/he will work with the MEL team to ensure continuous quality improvement. Across all efforts, s/he will set standards for an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect, and help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word, and sign.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Selection of the final applicant is subject to CDC approval. The project is anticipated to begin in June 2024.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Keep Christ central in individual and corporate life. Actively participate in and contribute to the spiritual disciplines of the organization (Christian conduct, devotions, chapel, prayer, worship); incorporate WV Core Values into decisions within scope of role.
- Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance. Consistently look for more effective and efficient implementation methods and opportunities to increase impact. Provide vision and strategic technical leadership for the project.
- Serve as primary liaison to the CDC, local and national governmental authorities, local NGOs, and community organizations. Facilitate learning of best practices on program’s technical areas and other donor organizations. Liaise with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership and direction, defining and implementing activities to achieve the greatest impact toward project goals and objectives. Establish standard operating procedures (SOPs), including tools and templates, to guide effective, efficient, and compliant program administration.
- Research new funding opportunities and develop and write funding proposals, if second phase of the grant or cost extension is planned. Participate and conduct on-going lessons learned with key staff and partners/sub-grantees. Participate in and lead NGO – donor forum to represent WV, the project, and seek cooperation for joint advocacy opportunities.
- Supervise a team of senior level international and national staff and consultants with skills across a diverse set of technical areas. Ensure proper technical capacity of staff to manage complex donor-funded projects.
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely accurate and professional reports that meet donor requirements.
- Manage grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and SO staff. Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits. Escalate grant management issues early and openly; resolve grant management issues quickly and fully.
You Bring These Skills:
Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams. Knowledge of and familiarity with U.S. Government international assistance program requirements, preferably USAID, CDC, and/or other bilateral funding agencies. Experience managing subgrants and contracts under grants for complex projects. Proven ability to manage all aspects of grant and contract administration, and technical assistance staff with a commitment to teamwork. English required, French or Portuguese language skills preferred. Experience overseeing multi-country program from remote location. Experience in remote management of multi-country program.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in related field required. Master's degree or PhD preferred. A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the specified sector to include assessment, evaluation, and design of projects required. Experience in health program implementation in fragile/conflict settings including experience in health systems strengthening, immunization, surveillance, supply chain management, and community mobilization. Experience as a chief of party of senior expert advisor required. Experience overseeing of multi-country program from remote location.
Salary Range & Benefits:
- The full range for this position is $ 117,211- $197,028. This applies to locations with a market similar to our U.S. HQ in the Greater Seattle area. A different range may apply based on your work location.
- Typical hiring range is $125,192- $157,119 a year. Job offers within the range are based on relevant job qualifications and pay equity.
- World Vision employees see our Salary Administration Guidelines and My Life My Benefits pages on the Vine.
- In addition, we have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round our total compensation package. Click here to learn more. Additionally, merit, auto allowance and relocation may be available to eligible employees based on existing plans.
Where This Job Could Take Your Career:
You’ll be part of World Vision USA as well as part of the larger World Vision International Partnership. Globally, we have over 40,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries (~1,000 staff with World Vision US).
About World Vision:
We're a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to empower them as they reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For nearly 70 years, World Vision has followed Jesus' example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. We serve every child regardless of faith.
What Happens Next?
We review applications nearly every day assessing strength of fit for the role. If questions arise on our end, we will message you to learn more. Short-listed candidates are contacted for an initial phone conversation with our recruiting staff. Moving deeper into our selection process you can expect to interview 1:1 with a hiring manager. Finalists normally participate in a panel interview where the opportunity to connect with additional members of our staff lends itself to more of a 360-view of the role. Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time. All interviews will be virtual at this time.