Senior Business Development Manager, Food Security & Livelihoods
World Vision is hiring a Senior Business Development Manager to serve on the Food Security and Livelihoods Team.
At a Glance
Role: Senior Business Development Manager, Food Secutiy & Livelihoods
Location: Remote possible within the U.S.
Reports to: Director, Resource Development
Required experience: Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience (eight years). Requires a minimum of seven years of international relief and development work experience including a minimum of three years of successful proposal development for USAID and other USG donors.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer.
Travel: Up to 25% of time both in development and fragile contexts.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $128,000. Please note the typical hiring range is $85,000 - $104,000 annually. Job offers within the range are based on relevant job qualifications and pay equity. This range applies to locations with a market similar to our Washington D.C. office. A different range may apply based on your work location.
World Vision is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to:
- Provide day-to-day operational guidance and oversight on all aspects of positioning, bid management and capture planning for her/his assigned funding stream portfolio.
- Contribute to introducing and maintaining continuous process improvements that support innovative and responsive bid design, in alignment with WVUS’ acquisitions process.
- Support the FSL Business Development Director and Senior Director to build and maintain relationships with donors, peer organizations, research institutions and the private sector.
- Help carry out World Vision’s mission, vision, and strategies.
- Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
Positioning for Proposals
- Support FSL BD Director to develop annual and quarterly forecast across all existing and potential public donors.
- Liaise with Funding Stream focal points, Senior Technical Advisors, relevant WVUS teams and other stakeholders to identify and analyze relevant upcoming funding opportunities.
- Support FSL BD Director in developing annual FSL Bid Strategy and targets.
- Work with FSL Business Development Managers and WV Field Offices to develop and execute capture plans to ensure World Vision is well-positioned for future funding opportunities.
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with assigned donors; including (in partnership with FSL senior technical advisors and program managers) regularly communicating project achievements, research
- Cultivating long-term strategic partnerships with private sector stakeholders and peer development agencies
Coaching and Capacity Building
- Mentor and support Business Development Managers to lead successful proposal development processes through one-on-one mentorship and capacity building in:
- Positioning & capture planning
- Consortium management
- Proposal process leadership
- Strategic program design and win theme analysis
- Provide technical input and review of proposals to ensure quality submissions
- Manage her/his assigned FSL business development portfolio in coordination with Business Development Director to ensure revenue targets and other targets related to relevant FSL team strategies are achieved.
- Provide regular updates and analysis to Business Development Director on FSL Business Development team portfolio performance.
Process Development & Improvement
- Support the FSL Business Development Director in the development/adaptation of business development processes and tools relevant for the FSL team.
- Through on-going coaching, ensure team and key stakeholders are adhering to processes and utilizing tools.
Strategy & Technical Branding
- Provide annual updates to her/his assigned funding stream strategy; lead effort to socialize strategy with field offices and WVUS key stakeholders
- Support the Business Development Director in the design, roll-out and execution of relevant FSL strategies and workplans.
- Remain up-to-date of industry trends and best practice and provide support and analysis to the Senior Director and Business Development Director in the FSL team’s revenue and thought leadership targets.
- Where requested, act as a representative of the FSL team and World Vision to forward the FSL technical brand.
- Build and maintain sustainable business relationships both internally with other business units and leaders, as well as externally with donors, multi-laterals, academic institutions and peer organizations
You Bring These Skills:
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team of development professionals through complex proposal processes
- Analytical skills
- Organizational and task management skills
- Ability to develop strong consortia partnerships
- Emotional intelligence
- Deep understanding of USG donors and their priorities related to food security and livelihoods
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong writing skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline or work equivalent (eight years).
- Master's degree in Health, Agriculture, International Development, or related technical discipline preferred.
- In addition to education or education equivalent, requires a minimum of seven years of international relief and development work experience
- Includes a minimum of three years of successful proposal development for USAID and other USG donors.
- Experience with USG solicitation is required; substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered within the years of experience sought.
Additional Skills We Are Interested In:
- Fluency in a second language other than English.
- Specific experience leading Development Food Security Activities (DFSA).
Salary Range & Benefits:
- WVUS Pay Grade Level: 226
- The full range for this position is $80,000 - $128,000.
- Typical hiring range is $85,000 - $104,000 a year.
- This applies to locations with a market similar to our Washington D.C. office.
- A different range may apply based on your work location.
- Job offers within the range are based on relevant to qualifications and pay equity. World Vision employees see our Salary Administration Guidelines and My Life My Benefits pages on our organization intranet known as the Vine.
- Please indicate the range you’re targeting when asked during the application process.
- In addition, we have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round our total compensation package. Click here to learn more.
- Additionally, merit, auto allowance and relocation may be available to eligible employees based on existing plans.
Where This Job Could Take Your Career:
You’ll be part of World Vision USA as well as part of the larger World Vision International Partnership. Globally, we have over 40,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries (~1,000 staff with World Vision US). As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of WV, donor, and partner staff around the world. The role will allow you to deepen your experience and knowledge not only in business development but also in broader areas of international development. The SBDM position is a great step to higher level management positions in the US and the field.
About World Vision:
We're a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to empower them as they reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For nearly 70 years, World Vision has followed Jesus' example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. We serve every child regardless of faith.
What Happens Next?
Applications are reviewed weekly. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an initial phone conversation with a recruiter. If questions arise on our end about your application, we will message you to learn more. We encourage you to submit a PDF resume and a cover letter! Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time. All interviews will be virtual at this time.