Planned Giving Officer I
World Vision is looking for a Planned Giving Officer 1
00 At a Glance
Role: Planned Giving Officer 1
Required experience: Two-year degree or equivalent work experience (four years). In addition to education or education equivalent, requires four years of work experience, including a minimum of two years of successful sales/fundraising experience working in a phone or face-to-face sales/fundraising environment with proven ability to take prospects through the sales cycle to close large gifts. Requires proven ability to understand and articulate financial tools and concepts. Excellent communicator- verbal and written. Strong customer service experience. Enjoys talking on the phone.
Preferred: Understanding of Planned Giving strongly preferred. Knowledge of CRM is a plus.
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000 (depending on experience)
Location: This is a hybrid role. The selected candidate will need to come into the office located in Federal Way, WA one to two days a week or as needed.
Benefits: Yes. Click here to learn more.
Company size: 900+ (World Vision USA) / 34,000+ worldwide (World Vision International)
01 The Role As the Planned Giving Officer 1 you will initiate, develop and grow fundraising and relationships with donors who have expressed interested in, or fit the profile for planned gifts. Manage leads to ensure prompt and appropriate follow-up to identify bequests and other planned gifts. Responsible for raising approximately $500,000-750,000 annually. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Keep Christ central in individual and corporate life. Actively participate in and contribute to the spiritual disciplines of the organization (Christian conduct, devotions, chapel, prayer, worship); incorporate WV Core Values into decisions within scope of role.
- Responsible for acquiring 20-50 gifts per year, ranging in value between $10,000 - $25,000 each, in order to meet an annual fundraising target of $500,000 in planned giving commitments.
- Engage in relational fundraising over several conversations with donors, including understanding donors needs and goals in order to customize offer, motivating donors to make a significant gift of cash or appreciated securities.
- Understand and articulate World Vision's transformational model and relate the Signature Initiatives to donor's goals and passions to encourage life income gifts to sustain model after donor's lifetime.
- Responsible for prompt recording and distribution of marketing leads to other team members as appropriate. Prepare leads in the system for follow up and cultivation. Handle incoming calls and leads from 800 planned giving phone number.
- Steward World Vision Legacy Society donors by regular communications (phone, face to face, personal written messages) to increase retention of constituencies. Assist other Development staff in the recruitment of new members. Maintain and ensure accuracy of constituent CRM.
- Use capacity data, donor insights, and relationship to ask for specific financial support. Research contacts and planned giving prospects for prior interests and giving information. Knowledge of donors before calls is adequate to facilitate relational foundation for cultivation.
- Record accurately moves management activities and prospects plans for use by self and others across organization.
- Demonstrate knowledge of planned giving vehicles that include, wills, living trust, charitable gift annuities and demonstrate fundamental knowledge of charitable remainder trusts.
- Develop and produce customize gift proposals for donors through the use of specialized software to generate financial, tax, and legal implications of gift over a donor's lifetime.
- Provide basic information regarding tax and financial implications of gift and interpret benefits to donor in discussions to advance closing gifts.
- Discern when complex donor inquiries should be referred to other team members and facilitate "warm hand-offs" as needed.
- Participate in ongoing training in planned giving vehicles and relational fundraising best practices.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as a member of a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain awareness of corporate goals, objectives, organizational announcements, and activities. Reference and follow organizational policies and procedures, seeking clarity as needed.
02 Required Experience
- Two-year degree or equivalent work experience (four years).
- In addition to education or education equivalent, requires four years of work experience, including a minimum of two years of successful sales/fundraising experience working in a phone or face-to-face sales/fundraising environment with proven ability to take prospects through the sales cycle to close large gifts.
- Requires proven ability to understand and articulate financial tools and concepts.
- Understanding of Planned Giving strongly preferred.
03 Let your work be your faith in action Every day, nearly 16,000 children under the age of 5 die from preventable causes. Our call to action is urgent. That’s why we’re looking for someone who is ready to place their expertise behind helping the world’s most vulnerable children. Every stroke of the keyboard, shift in strategy, and innovation in our marketing of fundraising initiatives can help influence whether someone chooses to help today or not. If not you, then who?
04 Salary Range & Benefits Your salary is important to you, so it’s important to us. Please share your salary expectations with us in the application process to get the conversation started. We also have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package. Click here to learn more.
05 To Apply Click the Apply button.
06 About World Vision USA When you work at World Vision, your passions and talents come together to meet the greatest needs in the world today. We go to ends of the earth and into the margins. Where few go and the road is less traveled. Because Jesus is alive in the hardest places to be a child. We are dangerously soft-hearted. But just the right kind of dangerous. That's because we're a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. We empower people out of poverty. For real. For good. For nearly the last 70 years. Jesus' love at the center. Always. We're Christian and follow Jesus' example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. Serving every child we can regardless of faith. Are you feeling called to explore joining us? We hope so.