Senior Church Advisor- Oklahoma or Arkansas
World Vision is now hiring a Senior Church Advisor
00 At a Glance
Role: Sr Church Advisor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (eight years) work experience
- Work experience in fundraising, partnership management, marketing, ministry and/or sales; 5 years
- Demonstrated experience implementing moves management techniques to effectively manage high level accounts or complex partnerships
Location: Role can be located anywhere in Arkansas or Oklahoma
Benefits: Yes. Click here to learn more.
01 The Job
As Sr Church Advisor, you will effectively collaborate within the Church and Ministry Partnership teams to invite pastors and congregants into God’s transforming and renewing work of justice and mercy for the elimination of extreme poverty. Establish, maintain and grow relationships with church pastors, denominations, national Christian leaders, and para church organizations to meet annual Church team’s fundraising goals. Increase fundraising and partner/donor participation year-over-year by calling them to a life changing commitment to serve the poor in the name of Christ. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Keep Christ central in individual and corporate life. Actively participate in and contribute to the spiritual disciplines of the organization (Christian conduct, devotions, chapel, prayer, worship); incorporate WV Core Values into decisions within scope of role.
- Responsible for raising a minimum of $700,000 within first year, and a minimum of $1,500,000 in total value each fiscal year thereafter through sponsorship acquisition, one-time-gift, and/or multi-year financial commitments.
- Establish at least 10 new church partnerships annually in assigned markets. Develop, expand and sustain long-term relationships through on-going interaction with senior level pastors, churches, church influencers and donors, while shaping interests in World Vision’s transformational experience and offerings and position World Vision as a desirable partner.
- Network through relationships with current pastors and pastor associations to develop new church partnerships.
- Represent WVUS in high-level church network, association, denomination and agency meeting.
- Conduct presentation with pastors, congregants, groups and individual regarding World Vision’s ministry and invite them to participate in our church offerings.
02 About World Vision USA When you work at World Vision, your passions and talents come together to meet the greatest needs in the world today. We go to ends of the earth and into the margins. Where few go and the road is less traveled. Because Jesus is alive in the hardest places to be a child. We are dangerously soft-hearted. But just the right kind of dangerous. That's because we're a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. We empower people out of poverty. For real. For good. For nearly the last 70 years. Jesus' love at the center. Always. We're Christian and follow Jesus' example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. Serving every child we can regardless of faith. Are you feeling called to explore joining us? We hope so.
03 Let your work be your faith in action Every day, nearly 16,000 children under the age of 5 die from preventable causes. Our call to action is urgent. That’s why we’re looking for someone who is ready to place their expertise behind helping the world’s most vulnerable children. Every stroke of the keyboard, shift in strategy, and innovation in our marketing of fundraising initiatives can help influence whether someone chooses to help today or not. If not you, then who?
04 Salary Range & Benefits Your salary is important to you, so it’s important to us. Please share your salary expectations with us in the application process to get the conversation started. We also have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package. Click here to learn more.
05 You bring
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (eight years) work experience. In addition to education or educational equivalent, requires work experience in fundraising, partnership management, marketing, ministry and/or sales; 5 years. Demonstrated experience implementing moves management techniques to effectively manage high level accounts or complex partnerships required. Established relationships and networks with churches and pastors within geographic area strongly preferred. Experience working with Christian denominations, networks, or large to mega Christian churches preferred.