Market Research Manager
Join World Vision as a Market Research Manager on the Donor Insights Team.
00 At a Glance
Role: Market Research Manager, Donor Insights
Required experience: Bachelor's degree or equivalent (5-7 years) work experience; 3 years general marketing and analytical work experience. Proficiency in SPSS with the ability to create cross-tabs. Basic Power BI skills and proficiency in MS Excel
Preferred Experience: Previous experience at a medium-to-large market research agency.
Reports to: Senior Market Research Manager, Donor Insights
Location: Federal Way, Washington or remote in 39 U.S. States
01 The Job: We are looking for a Market Research Manager who will manage donor and market research projects, both quantitative and qualitative, to drive insights and deeper understanding of World Vision's donor base. As a critical member of the Donor Insights team, you will serve as an analytic and donor research resource, providing continuing insight into the behavior and attitudes of key donor segments and prospective donors.
- Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services, and regular prayer.
- Consult with internal stakeholders to identify and articulate the key donor and market research questions and objectives and translate into requests-for-proposals for third party agencies and internal surveys.
- Manage market research projects from beginning to end, demonstrating a high degree of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Coordinate research efforts throughout the various departments, working closely with staff and leadership.
- Lead intra- and cross-departmental teams as necessary.
- Provide consulting assistance to client teams and understand their business. Make recommendations related to relevant methodologies, including quantitative, qualitative, and other market research methodologies in line with short and long-term corporate goals.
- Develop and design market research questionnaires and program them into online survey tools as necessary.
- Produce one-off management reports and presentations.
- Communicate key findings and conclusions in meaningful ways and appropriate to audience level, from business unit managers and director level staff.
- Conduct competitive tracking and analysis.
- Work collaboratively with team members when asked to work as part of a team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist in maintenance of team Sharepoint knowledgebase
- Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
02 Where this job could take your career: World Vision USA is a part of the larger World Vision International partnership. Globally, we have 34,000+ staff working in 100 countries. Just over 900 of us call World Vision USA home. You'll have opportunities to advance within our robust and talented group of professionals as you continue to stretch and grow your career for the future.
03 About World Vision USA: When you work at World Vision, your passions and talents come together to meet the greatest needs in the world today. We go to ends of the earth and into the margins. Where few go and the road is less traveled. Because Jesus is alive in the hardest places to be a child. We are dangerously soft-hearted. But just the right kind of dangerous. That's because we're a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. We empower people out of poverty. For real. For good. For over 70 years. Jesus' love at the center. Always. We're Christian and follow Jesus' example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. Serving every child we can regardless of faith. Are you feeling called to explore joining us? We hope so.
04 Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree or equivalent (5-7 years) work experience; 3 years general marketing and analytical work experience. Proficiency in SPSS with the ability to create cross-tabs. Basic Power BI skills and proficiency in MS Excel
05 Additional skills we're interested in: Previous experience at with a large market research company, or previous experience working in market research at a large corporation. Ability to create and work with Pivot Tables in MS Excel
06 Salary Range & Benefits: Your salary is important to you, so it’s important to us. Please share your salary expectations with us in the application process to get the conversation started. We also have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package. Click here to learn more.
07 To Apply: Press the apply button at the bottom of this page.
08 What happens next? We review applications nearly every day assessing strength of fit for the role. Short-listed candidates are contacted for an initial phone conversation with our recruiting staff. Moving deeper into our selection process you can expect to interview 1:1 with the hiring manager. Finalists then participate in a panel interview where the opportunity to meet additional members of the team lends itself to more of a 360-view of the role. Our most valuable resource is our talented staff. Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time, so we have all hands-on deck to move this important work forward.