Director, Artist Channel
World Vision is hiring a Director of the Artist Channel
01 The Job
As Artist Channel Director, you will lead and develop a team focused on securing multiple high value artist partnerships of significant various size, visibility and complexity with direct revenue and expense responsibility. Responsible to oversee the generation of long-term donor value of $10M or more as well as direct revenue and expense management. Drive the strategy, design, development, and execution of the end-to-end business model to recruit and retain new donors and partners by calling them into a life changing commitment to serve the poor in the name of Jesus. Ensure annual sponsorship, pledge and revenue fundraising goals are met or exceeded. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word, and sign. You will also...
- Keep Christ central in individual and corporate life. Actively participate in and contribute to the spiritual disciplines of the organization (Christian conduct, devotions, chapel, prayer, worship); incorporate WV Core Values into decisions within scope of role.
- Develop strategic plans and corresponding business models to secure and retain multiple flagship/high value artist partnerships, including direct revenue and expense responsibility. Monitor and shape the end-to-end value chain and business model. Evaluate results, analyze strategy effectiveness, and modify strategies based upon results, coordinating efforts, and gathering information as needed from staff across the organization.
- Research and evaluate potential new partnerships and develop prospective partner relationships.
- Work with team to negotiate and manage partner relationships and contracts, ensuring fundraising goals are met with the best financial stewardship terms possible.
- Influence and implement enterprise-wide strategic initiatives and provide insight and engagement in strategic initiatives to ensure success.
- Lead, mentor, motivate and develop team to ensure accomplishment of specific objectives and professional development plans.Ensure team members are properly equipped with appropriate training and resources to effectively perform their job functions.
- Hire, fire, train, counsel, evaluate, and recommend salary increases and promotions for those under direct supervision.
- Represent the Vice President as needed to internal and external audiences, including presentations to the Board of Directors regarding key issues and serve as subject matter expert on cross functional/organizational task forces as required.
- Work collaboratively with staff throughout the organization regarding financial, legal, marketing, technical, and product components of routine team business and organization wide initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain awareness of corporate goals, objectives, organizational announcements, and activities. Reference and follow organizational policies and procedures, seeking clarity as needed.
02 About World Vision USA When you work at World Vision, your passions and talents come together to meet the greatest needs in the world today. We go to ends of the earth and into the margins. Where few go and the road is less traveled. Because Jesus is alive in the hardest places to be a child. We are dangerously soft-hearted. But just the right kind of dangerous. That's because we're a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. We empower people out of poverty. For real. For good. For nearly the last 70 years. Jesus' love at the center. Always. We're Christian and follow Jesus' example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. Serving every child we can regardless of faith. Are you feeling called to explore joining us? We hope so.
03 Let your work be your faith in action Every day, nearly 16,000 children under the age of 5 die from preventable causes. Our call to action is urgent. That’s why we’re looking for someone who is ready to place their expertise behind helping the world’s most vulnerable children. Every stroke of the keyboard, shift in strategy, and innovation in our marketing of fundraising initiatives can help influence whether someone chooses to help today or not. If not you, then who?
04 Salary Range & Benefits Your salary is important to you, so it’s important to us. Please share your salary expectations with us in the application process to get the conversation started. We also have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package. Click here to learn more.
05 You bring
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (10 years) work experience. Master’s in Business Administration or related preferred. A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in fundraising, partnership management, marketing, promotions, and/or sales at or with a record label. Requires music industry business acumen and strong industry relationships, especially in the Christian music field. Demonstrated experience implementing moves management techniques to effectively manage high level accounts or complex partnerships required. Previous experience managing direct revenues and expense needed and should have enterprise-wide leadership experience. Work history should include building a strong team and supporting a positive culture of integration with other teams across the organization.