At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 500,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our 59 Chapters around the country. The Information Technology team is comprised of a diverse team of technologists responsible for building and operating the technologies that enable Make-A-Wish to grant the wish of every eligible child. The Information Technology team is focused on providing innovative solutions across these key areas: Operations, Security, Applications, Infrastructure, Governance, and Analytics.
The Business Project Manager is responsible for planning, initiating and leading projects for Make-A-Wish® America. This manager will work closely with cross-functional business and operations teams to develop and execute project plans for efforts across a variety of initiatives that support the organization’s strategic plan. This candidate will need to have a relationship development mindset.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Project Manager you will:
- Lead and manage a portfolio of projects through all phases
- Oversees a portfolio of initiatives and reports regularly on program/portfolio health, resourcing, cost, relationship, and risk.
- Identify opportunities to optimize processes and engages with stakeholders to assess gaps, redundancies and identify solutions
- Use critical thinking to evaluate business requirements, formulate strategies for schedule management/risk mitigation, and make recommendations on project phasing/structure.
- Takes a position of leadership on projects and removes obstacles, surfaces challenges or risks, and seeks out solutions proactively, working with subject matter and cross functional teams to assess impact to the broader organizational ecosystem.
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Business, Information Systems, or similar Undergraduate degree required.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with project management technologies Gannt Charts, Workfront and/or Smartsheet experience is preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience in demonstrated project management skills including project planning and control, and risk management, strategy and/or consulting required.
- Strong computer skills required, specifically in Microsoft Office applications, including Visio.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit organization desired.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 11 Paid Holidays, 2 Volunteer Days, and 2 Personal Days accrued annually
- Maternity Leave
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
*Monthly premiums paid for the employee for medical (HSA qualified plan), vision, dental, and short/long term disability.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Vision
Make-A-Wish is committed to championing diversity, equity and inclusion, fostering an organization that is accessible and welcoming. In turn, we are uniting communities to help make more wishes possible.
- Our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as core values and practice.
- It is only through our mosaic of different cultures, perspectives and experiences that we can grant life-changing wishes to every eligible child.
- As the world’s largest wish-granting organization we stand against racism and intolerance and are committed to representation and acceptance, creating a sense of belonging, and practicing fairness in creating opportunities for our wish families, volunteers and staff.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.