Sr. Business Relationship Manager, IT Products & Enablement
At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 300,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
This role will serve as the bridge between IT and business teams to ensure strategic alignment between business goals and IT activities, support product ownership, and enable successful user experiences and support for systems and tools. Responsibilities also include the activities of needs assessment, communication with IT departments on delivery capabilities to match those needs, program management oversight and planning of service availability related to the strategic direction of the organization and business teams. This position interacts with leadership and team members across various business units and IT and provides leadership to bring people, process, and technology to business teams.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our 60 Chapters around the country. The Information Technology team is comprised of a diverse team of technologists responsible for building and operating the technologies that enable Make-A-Wish to grant the wish of every eligible child. The Information Technology team is focused on providing innovative solutions across these key areas: Operations, Security, Applications, Infrastructure.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Senior Business Relationship Manager – IT Products & Enablement you will:
- Serve as the leader of a team of product owners and end-user enablement staff focused on partnering with business to develop and deliver technology to achieve their objectives.
- Share knowledge of technology, project, and change risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve business outcomes.
- Proactively introduces IT service offerings to the business.
- Work to consolidate redundant technologies including cost benefit analysis and establish control procedures for introduction of new applications across the organization.
- Evaluate issues/impacts on business operations when new application systems and technologies are introduced.
- Ensure the proposed work aligns with the enterprise vision, checks for and aligns dependencies among other teams and mitigates roadblocks that may present later in the product lifecycle.
- Iterates and delivers organizational change management plans, tools, and processes into projects and ensures effective and agile communication pathways.
- Drive the training plan for the OCM components across the organization.
- Prepare IT leadership as needed for meetings with business partner leadership; leads meetings and is responsible for meeting preparation and follow up.
- Influence ITs strategic plan to align with business plans.
- Performs other job-related duties, as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 8-10 years of experience in project and/or business management position(s), with nonprofit and IT experience preferred.
- Must work with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Nonprofit Management or related field, advanced degree preferred.
- Established track record for taking a consultative approach to identifying and solving problems in a complex organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 11 Paid Holidays, 2 Volunteer Days, and 2 Personal Days accrued annually
- Maternity Leave
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
*Monthly premiums paid for the employee for medical (HSA qualified plan), vision, dental, and short/long term disability.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Vision
Make-A-Wish is committed to championing diversity, equity and inclusion, fostering an organization that is accessible and welcoming. In turn, we are uniting communities to help make more wishes possible.
- Our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as core values and practice.
- It is only through our mosaic of different cultures, perspectives and experiences that we can grant life-changing wishes to every eligible child.
- As the world’s largest wish-granting organization we stand against racism and intolerance and are committed to representation and acceptance, creating a sense of belonging, and practicing fairness in creating opportunities for our wish families, volunteers and staff.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.