Quality Assurance Lead
At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 500,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our 59 Chapters around the country. The Information Technology team is comprised of a diverse team of technologists responsible for building and operating the technologies that enable Make-A-Wish to grant the wish of every eligible child. The Information Technology team is focused on providing innovative solutions across these key areas: Operations, Security, Applications, Infrastructure, Governance, and Analytics.
The Quality Assurance Lead role is responsible for driving the triage (Investigate, Prioritize, Assign, Resolve) issues that have been escalated via the various lower Tiers of the Support System.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Quality Assurance Lead you will:
- Assist in establishing and evolving formal triage processes, ensuring communication to stakeholders is always up to date
- Act as key point of contact for all IT Applications platform support issues, providing clarity to the internal IT Applications team on prioritizations and resolutions.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Provides the Quality leadership team with weekly reports with Metrics on number of issues resolved, hot fixes, and progress towards any issues currently being worked on.
- Work with the IT Applications development teams to understand issues submitted by End Users and staff, determine the root cause by debugging and working with QA team.
- Test software fixes introduced by the IT Applications development team.
- Maintain a knowledge base of issues resolved, and assist in training lower tier support teams.
- Respond to occasional system errors, including during off hours.
- Accomplish department and organization missions by completing related tasks as needed; and has strong time management and can support multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a collaborative development team either as a team member or Team Lead.
- Plans, develops, co-ordinates, designs and implements test strategies according to QA guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A Bachelor’s in computer science or closely-related fields
- At least seven years of experience as a developer or software/web tester
- Experience as the liaison for Product support issues, using systems such as Salesforce
- 5 years of experience in analyzing business requirements, recommending technical solutions, and writing test plans/test cases
- An extremely detail-oriented work ethic
- Experience in implementing QA processes, procedures, strategies, tracking KPI’s, & measuring quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to demonstrate work experience by providing examples
- Non-profit experience and Make-A-Wish experience strongly preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 11 Paid Holidays, 2 Volunteer Days, and 2 Personal Days accrued annually
- Maternity Leave
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
*Monthly premiums paid for the employee for medical (HSA qualified plan), vision, dental, and short/long term disability.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Vision
Make-A-Wish is committed to championing diversity, equity and inclusion, fostering an organization that is accessible and welcoming. In turn, we are uniting communities to help make more wishes possible.
- Our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as core values and practice.
- It is only through our mosaic of different cultures, perspectives and experiences that we can grant life-changing wishes to every eligible child.
- As the world’s largest wish-granting organization we stand against racism and intolerance and are committed to representation and acceptance, creating a sense of belonging, and practicing fairness in creating opportunities for our wish families, volunteers and staff.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.