Vice President/Senior Vice President – North American Institutional Sales
- Chicago, IL
- Santa Monica, CA
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Jersey City, NJ
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
Founded in 1972, Wilshire advises on over $1.1 trillion in assets and manages $76 billion in assets. Recently, recapitalized with Private Equity, Wilshire is on an exciting journey to deliver Investment Solutions, Indices and Benchmarks and Innovative Analytics to Financial Intermediaries worldwide.
You will be responsible for helping to grow the firm’s presence in the United States. The primary focus will be developing investment advisory and discretionary OCIO opportunities with corporate and public plans, as well as non-profit organizations. There will be extensive interaction with prospects, clients, and cross-functional Wilshire teams. You will also be responsible for uncovering opportunities to sell Wilshire’s benchmarks, portfolio management tools, and data services within your territory. Specific expertise and direct relationships in the non-profit and/or defined contribution space is preferred. This position reports to the Head of North American Sales.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a sales strategy for assigned territory
- Full cycle sales and deliver on the agreed revenue and other sales metrics
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of viable prospects
- Record and report pipeline progress using Salesforce
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc status calls
- Identify opportunities to sell other Wilshire products and solutions within assigned territory
- Work with teams across Wilshire to develop efficient cross-selling opportunities
- Proactively share experiences, best practices and suggestions for improvement
- Attend industry conferences, as needed
- Connect with prospects virtually
- Travel within assigned territory as needed to grow relationships and revenue
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of investment management or financial services sales experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the institutional investment marketplace
- Proven success in solution sales, preferably within the OCIO marketplace
- Proven experience managing a sales territory and pipeline
- Demonstrated track record of success in articulating a strong value proposition and a consultative sales model
- Proven ability to identify and pursue new business leads
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
Active and valid FINRA licenses that allow for the sale of private securities. If you are not currently licensed, you will have a condition of employment to obtain relevant licenses.
What you get:
- Competitive compensation package, including quarterly commission opportunities
- An international, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Work/Life Balance: 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the last business week of the year)
- 401(k) Company Match
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Parental Leave, wellness programs
- CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race/ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do for our employees and clients to thrive.
Wilshire Advisors LLC is an SEC-registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.