Senior Database Developer
- Chicago, IL
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Santa Monica, CA
- Jersey City, NJ
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. For 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment solutions and products.
Founded in 1972, Wilshire advises on over $1.3 trillion in assets and manages $93 billion in assets. Wilshire underwent a corporate transformation in 2021 and is on an exciting journey to deliver best-in-class Investment Solutions, Indices and Benchmarks and Innovative Analytics to a wide range of investors across the world.
The Senior Database developer leads the Analytics Data Engineering and Data Operations team in support of our rapidly expanding investment analytics business. The role will manage the team with direct responsibility to deliver and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data sets. This position reports to the Sr. Vice President, Investment Analytics
What you’ll do:
- Lead a small team of highly impactful Data Engineering and Data Operation Associates and Analysts
- Design, implement and maintain database systems for our investment risk, Quantitative Research, and Analytics platform
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with IT and data management team with respect to our data requirements and system design
What you have:
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent)
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Financial Engineering or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years in Database design, development, troubleshooting and tuning
- 5+ years programming Skills in SQL
- 5+ years of financial service experience preferred
- 3+ years of team leadership experience
- Experience with C, C#, Java, C++ and Python preferred
- Excellent communication skills
What you get:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a collaborative work environment, generous PTO, 401(k) match, affordable & comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, CFA and other professional membership reimbursement, and more.
Effective November 1, 2021, Wilshire requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
Wilshire is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race/ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do for our employees and clients to thrive.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.