VP Financial Reporting/Controller
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. For 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment solutions and products.
Founded in 1972, Wilshire advises on over $1.3 trillion in assets and manages $93 billion in assets. Wilshire underwent a corporate transformation in 2021 and is on an exciting journey to deliver best-in-class Investment Solutions, Indices and Benchmarks and Innovative Analytics to a wide range of investors across the world.
We are seeking a VP Financial Reporting / Controller to manage the global accounting and reporting requirements of our business. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the position requires strong communication skills and exceptional accounting and finance abilities, including a solid understanding of the Financial Services or Professional Services industries.
What you’ll do:
- External reporting: GAAP, tax and statutory financial reporting of Wilshire’s legal entities including the consolidated financial statements of Wilshire’s holding company and foreign holding company
- Consolidated US GAAP financial statements
- Consolidated UK financial statements
- Foreign affiliate statutory financial statements
- Various tax reporting packages supporting tax provisions and returns in US, State and foreign jurisdictions
- Management Reporting: by department / product line
- Cash flows
- Balance sheet & working capital
- Equity Owner & Debt Reporting:
- Financial results
- Financial packages for inclusion in partnership fund and tax reporting
- Financial packages for debt compliance reporting
- Owner of the General Ledger
- Oversight of reporting staff
- Coordinate and lead annual financial audits
- Supply or oversee the supply of financial information in the Budget / Forecast Process
- Oversee the internal control structure of the financial reporting process as well as play a significant role in designing and shaping the internal control environment for the accounting operations
- Coordinate with Treasury Operations to ensure cash transactions are recorded accurately, completely, and timely
- Support ad-hoc reporting and financial information requirements within Wilshire
- Play a significant role in providing service internal and external constituents
What you have:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business/Accounting
- 7-10 years of progressive accounting and reporting experience (including auditing if applicable)
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Strong accounting experience including:
- US GAAP
- International accounting
- Foreign currency reporting (translation)
- Transfer pricing
- Income taxes
- Share-based compensation
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- High self-motivation and organizational skills
- CPA (active or inactive) or MA
- Net Suite and related report writing experience
- Private equity ownership reporting
What you get:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a collaborative work environment, generous PTO, 401(k) match, affordable & comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, CFA and other professional membership reimbursement, and more.
Effective November 1, 2021, Wilshire requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race/ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do for our employees and clients to thrive.
Wilshire is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.