Cloud Infrastructure Security Engineer
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. For 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment solutions and products.
Founded in 1972, Wilshire advises on over $1.3 trillion in assets and manages $93 billion in assets. Wilshire underwent a corporate transformation in 2021 and is on an exciting journey to deliver best-in-class Investment Solutions, Indices and Benchmarks and Innovative Analytics to a wide range of investors across the world.
The Cloud Infrastructure Security Engineer ensures that applications and infrastructure are breach-resistant and breach-ready, promoting and enforcing security policies, rules and technologies throughout the entire cloud and on-premises ecosystem.
What you’ll do:
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new backend/core infrastructure and technologies
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Analyze, assess, and respond to various internet threats
- Interact directly with leadership team regarding infrastructure security vulnerabilities and threats
- Conduct regular threat modeling assessments and specializing on zero trust infrastructure concepts
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls across endpoints, servers, and SAAS/self-hosted applications
- Provide security domain expertise on protective controls, to include system, network, encryption, and authentication services
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls for e-mail and other collaboration applications
- Collaborate with engineering teams to improve security for identity access and management, device management, and public cloud service providers
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of security related operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementations and refreshes
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 6+ yrs Experience reviewing distributed systems design and conducting threat modeling of highly connected systems
- 6+ yrs experience analyzing and assessing cloud network security systems maturity and security posture
- 6+ years of experience working on cross functional teams and collaborating on infrastructure network security systems
- 3+yrs with scripting languages including PowerShell, Python
- 3+ yrs knowledge and experience building distributed systems
- Relevant professional certifications: Cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure), IT Security (ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, CISSP, CCSP)
- Experience with enterprise security technologies including Microsoft’s full security stack
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate technical concepts and complexity to all types of audiences
- Ability to partner with other development and business teams to manage dependencies and communicate technical specifications
What you get:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a collaborative work environment, generous PTO, 401(k) match, affordable & comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, CFA and other professional membership reimbursement, and more.
Effective November 1, 2021, Wilshire requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race/ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do for our employees and clients to thrive.
Wilshire is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.