Cloud Network Security Engineer
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. For 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment solutions and products.
Founded in 1972, Wilshire advises on over $1.3 trillion in assets and manages $93 billion in assets. Wilshire underwent a corporate transformation in 2021 and is on an exciting journey to deliver best-in-class Investment Solutions, Indices and Benchmarks and Innovative Analytics to a wide range of investors across the world.
The Cloud Network Security Engineer will help to deliver security recommendations with an understanding of multiple cloud environments (AWS, Azure). This person will work cross-functionally and with members of the technology team in understanding the network infrastructure and providing recommendations.
What you’ll do:
- Lead network engineering activities in enterprise cloud environments.
- Partner with our Infrastructure/DevOps team to build the deployment guardrails; to gain high assurance on the assets living in our cloud
- Create design patterns for effective logging & monitoring, alert detection, and automated incident response
- Assess vulnerabilities/risks that could affect the integrity, availability, or confidentiality of data, systems, or services
- Design, deploy, and configure security and networking controls in cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Monitor threats against cloud environments
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or equivalent
- 6+ yrs experience working with networking at all layers
- 6+ yrs experience analyzing and assessing cloud network security systems maturity and security posture
- 6+ years of experience working on cross functional teams and collaborating on cloud network security systems
- 3+ yrs experience with coding (ideally in Python and PowerShell) for automation
- 3+ yrs experience Cloud Service delivery at an enterprise level.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate technical concepts and complexity to all types of audiences
- Ability to partner with other development and business teams to manage dependencies and communicate technical specifications
What you get:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a collaborative work environment, generous PTO, 401(k) match, affordable & comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, CFA and other professional membership reimbursement, and more.
Effective November 1, 2021, Wilshire requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race/ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do for our employees and clients to thrive.
Wilshire is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.