Investment Operations Analyst
- Chicago, IL
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Santa Monica, CA
- Jersey City, NJ
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
Wilshire’s alternatives research group advises on more than $20 billion of assets across investment types, strategies, and geographies. We have a global perspective on the alternatives market with worldwide research capabilities and a major international client base. Both global and regional mandates are structured to meet client investment objectives.
Wilshire is seeking a Senior Analyst to join their alternatives Operations team. This position is very visible and will provide the successful candidate with significant interaction within and across the firm. We look to identity self-motivated candidates with a solid academic background, enthusiasm, and strong professional drive. The Senior Analyst will report to the Assistant Vice President.
Job responsibilities include:
- Maintain fund cash balances and monitor daily cash activity ensuring differences/issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner
- Perform daily cash analysis (i.e. prepare cash position and forecast reports)
- Assist in preparation of financial statement and tax schedule.
- Review the underlying investment holdings including cost, fair market value, capital calls, distributions, unrealized gains/losses for completeness and accuracy
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Execute capital calls and distributions from underlying investments in a timely manner
- Responsible for posting activity to the general ledger, coordinating payment of expenses and maintaining supporting documentation
- Ensure that appropriate accounting treatment for all transactions is applied
- Respond to and resolve investor and investment queries in relation to administrative issues
- Assist Investor Relations in the maintenance of accurate contact information for all investors and investments
- Assist with other fund administration, such as data entry, scanning, and filing documents
- Assist in the quarterly client reporting process and mailings
- Assist with year-end audit and tax projects as necessary
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
Qualifications and skills:
- BA/BS in accounting or related major required
- Strong fund accounting background with 2+ years of relevant experience in investment management / private equity
- Superior writing skills and strong verbal communication required
- Advanced quantitative/analytical ability and Excel skills required
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Candidate must be collaborative, a team player, self-motivated, and possess strong integrity and professionalism
- CPA license (active or inactive) or CPA candidate preferred
- Public accounting background including Big-4 exposure preferred
- Competitive compensation
- An international, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Work/Life Balance: 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the last business week of the year)
- 401(k) Company Match
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Parental Leave, wellness programs
- CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
Effective November 1, 2021, Wilshire requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race/ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation. Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do for our employees and clients to thrive.
Wilshire Advisors LLC is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.