Senior Analyst - Manager Research
As part of the Wilshire family you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
You will ultimately serve as a generalist analyst, supporting the firm’s Traditional Manager Research team. Working closely with the senior members of the team, you will assist in collecting data, generating quantitative analysis, and preparing reports. You will get the opportunity to learn the team’s manager evaluation process, attend manager meetings across all of the traditional asset classes, and participate in the firm’s broader investment team meetings. There are opportunities for advancement for individuals that are successful in this role, including taking on formal manager research coverage.
Founded in 1972, Wilshire advises on over $1.3 trillion in assets and manages $86 billion in assets. Specializing in innovative investment solutions, consulting services and multi-asset analytics, Wilshire serves more than 500 institutional and intermediary clients worldwide, delivering a high quality, coordinated platform of client-centric investment solutions that leverage the entire firm’s resources to the maximum benefit of our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Support the team’s senior manager research professionals in all aspects of manager due diligence.
- Tasks include, but are not limited to, preparing reports and presentations, data collection and organization.
- Opportunity to participate in investment manager meetings once the analyst demonstrates mastery of core responsibilities.
- Support other investment activities related to market analysis, performance analysis, investment research, and client servicing.
- Attend all internal weekly investment research meetings as well as Investment Committee meetings.
What you have:
- BA/BS degree required
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player and client-centric attitude
- Knowledge of investments and interest in capital markets
- Progress towards or desire to participate in the CFA and CAIA programs is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office application and interest in expanding quantitative and analytical skills is preferred
What you get:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a collaborative work environment, generous PTO, 401(k) match, affordable & comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, CFA and other professional membership reimbursements, and more.
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic, and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until 2022. In January 2022, our expectation is that we will transition to a hybrid work-from-home / in-office environment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Advisors adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire is an SEC-registered investment adviser and is required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.
This position is located at 1299 Ocean Ave Suite 700, Santa Monica, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.