Investment & Asset Allocation Research Associate
As part of the Wilshire family you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
Founded in 1972, Wilshire advises on over $1.1 trillion in assets and manages $76 billion in assets. Specializing in innovative investment solutions, consulting services and multi-asset analytics, Wilshire serves more than 500 institutional and intermediary clients worldwide, delivering a high quality, coordinated platform of client-centric investment solutions that leverage the entire firm’s resources to the maximum benefit of our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct research across a variety of investment topics and asset classes, including ESG-related issues.
- Assist in conducting asset/liability projects for use in client work.
- Run performance attribution analysis and risk factor analysis reports, gather market returns and assist in creating presentations and projects based on the direction of a senior lead researcher.
- Assist the investment team in researching internal/external financial and economic statistics for use in various research projects.
- Production of monthly, quarterly and annual consultant and client deliverables.
- Assist in maintaining and developing Wilshire’s asset class forecasting framework.
- Interact with Wilshire colleagues firm-wide in servicing clients’ needs. Participate and contribute in internal meetings as needed.
- Lead and execute ad hoc investment research related projects.
- Contribute to a collaborative, one-team environment.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years investment industry experience is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. A writing sample may be requested.
- Strong quantitative and analytical ability required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and finance related majors is preferred
- CFA Charter, CAIA designation, or advanced degree (MBA, MA/MS) in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, or Economics preferred
- Client presentation experience preferred
- Team player and client centric
- Submitting a cover letter and writing sample is encouraged
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, Microsoft Excel preferred
- Experience with optimization modeling desired
What you get:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a collaborative work environment, generous PTO, 401(k) match, affordable & comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, CFA and other professional membership reimbursement, and more.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic, and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until October. In October, our expectation is that we will transition to a hybrid work-from-home / in-office environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Advisors LLC adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire Advisors LLC is an SEC-registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.
This position is located at 210 Sixth Ave Suite 3720, Pittsburgh, PA. View the Google Map in full screen.