Manager Research Associate/Senior Associate – Multi-Asset
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
You will ultimately serve as a multi-asset specialist, conducting research within areas including third-party model portfolios, managed account strategists, Target Date Funds, and Target Risk strategies, with the goal of identifying best in breed investment options for our clients. You will also serve as a subject matter expert in your area of coverage, contributing to research papers, client interactions, and serving as a resource to the entire firm. You will be tasked with understanding your assigned coverage thoroughly, as well as providing valuable insights to internal and external clients. Additionally, you will be asked to contribute to other team and business goals. In this role, you will also be required to effectively articulate Wilshire’s research process and competitive advantage to prospects and clients.
Founded in 1972, Wilshire advises on over $1.1 trillion in assets and manages $76 billion in assets. Specializing in innovative investment solutions, consulting services and multi-asset analytics, Wilshire serves more than 500 institutional and intermediary clients worldwide, delivering a high quality, coordinated platform of client-centric investment solutions that leverage the entire firm’s resources to the maximum benefit of our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct research on multi-asset strategies. Provide ongoing qualitative and quantitative analysis of managers/strategists under your coverage.
- Source new ideas, meet with portfolio managers, strategists, and other investment professionals, document meetings, provide written research opinions and evaluations, and deliver recommendations and analysis to consultants, portfolio managers, and clients.
- Production of all collateral and deliverables associated with assigned coverage, including, but not limited to, meeting notes, evaluations, and ad hoc analysis.
- Represent the firm to the external investment community in a professional manner during conference calls, in-person meetings, and on-site visits.
- Interact with Wilshire colleagues firm-wide in servicing clients’ needs. Participate and contribute in client and prospect meetings as needed.
- Support Wilshire’s reporting and monitoring process.
- Participate in and contribute to Wilshire’s Investment Strategy Committee meeting.
- Serve as subject matter expert in assigned area of coverage.
- Lead and execute ad hoc manager research related projects.
- Collaborate with other members of the investment team and contribute to investment recommendations and decisions made in client portfolios.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Contribute to a collaborative, one-team environment.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. A writing sample may be requested.
- Strong quantitative and analytical ability required
- 3+ years of investment manager research, institutional or HNW consulting experience is preferred
- 5+ years of overall investment industry experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in business and finance-related majors is preferred
- CFA Charter, CAIA designation, or advanced degree (MBA, MA/MS) in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, or Economics preferred
- Client presentation experience preferred
- Team player and client-centric
- Submitting a cover letter and a writing sample is encouraged
- Familiarity with Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, Microsoft Access, and EVestment Alliance preferred
- Experience with factor modeling desired
What you get:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a collaborative work environment, generous PTO, 401(k) match, affordable & comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance, CFA and other professional membership reimbursement, and more.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic, and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until 2022. In January 2022, our expectation is that we will transition to a hybrid work-from-home / in-office environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Advisors adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire Advisors LLC is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.
This position is located at 1299 Ocean Ave Suite 700, Santa Monica, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.