Vice President/Senior Vice President – North American Institutional Sales (Midwest)
Wilshire is a leading global investment technology and advisory company, dedicated to improving outcomes for investors worldwide. Specializing in innovative investment solutions, consulting services, multi-asset analytics and a growing range of index solutions, Wilshire serves more than 500 institutional and intermediary clients worldwide, delivering a high quality, coordinated platform of client-centric investment solutions that leverage the entire firm’s resources to the maximum benefit of our clients.
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. We are known for creating a global brand with market-defining products such as the Wilshire 5000 Total Market Index. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
You will be responsible for helping to grow the firm’s presence in the Midwestern region of the United States. The primary focus will be developing investment advisory and discretionary OCIO opportunities with corporate and public plans, endowments, foundations, retirement plan advisors and retirement plan recordkeepers. There will be extensive interaction with prospects, clients, and cross-functional Wilshire teams. You will also be responsible for uncovering opportunities to sell Wilshire’s benchmarks, portfolio management tools, and data services within your territory. Specific expertise and direct relationships in the non-profit and/or defined contribution space is preferred. This position reports to the Head of North American Sales.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a sales strategy for assigned territory
- Full cycle sales and deliver on the agreed revenue and other sales metrics
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of viable prospects
- Record and report pipeline progress using Salesforce
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc status calls
- Identify opportunities to sell other Wilshire products and solutions within assigned territory
- Work with teams across Wilshire to develop efficient cross-selling opportunities
- Proactively share experiences, best practices and suggestions for improvement
- Attend industry conferences, as needed
- Connect with prospects virtually
- Travel within assigned territory as needed to grow relationships and revenue
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of investment management or financial services sales experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the institutional investment marketplace
- Proven success in solution sales, preferably within the OCIO marketplace
- Proven experience managing a sales territory and pipeline
- Demonstrated track record of success in articulating a strong value proposition and a consultative sales model
- Proven ability to identify and pursue new business leads
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
Active and valid FINRA licenses that allow for the sale of private securities. If you are not currently licensed, you will have a condition of employment to obtain relevant licenses.
What you get:
- Competitive compensation package, including quarterly commission opportunities
- An international, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Work/Life Balance: 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the last business week of the year)
- 401(k) Company Match
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Parental Leave, wellness programs
- CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until September. In September, our expectation is that we will transition to a hybrid work-from-home / in-office environment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Advisors LLC adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire Advisors LLC is an SEC-registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.
This position is located at 222 West Adams St Suite 1725, Chicago, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.