Senior Vice President, Business Development, North America Benchmarks and Indexes
Wilshire is a leading global investment technology and advisory company, dedicated to improving outcomes for investors worldwide. Specializing in innovative investment solutions, consulting services, multi-asset analytics and a growing range of index solutions, Wilshire serves more than 500 institutional and intermediary clients worldwide, delivering a high quality, coordinated platform of client-centric investment solutions that leverage the entire firm’s resources to the maximum benefit of our clients.
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. We are known for creating a global brand with market-defining products such as the Wilshire 5000 Total Market Index. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
Wilshire is looking to add an experienced senior business development executive to help drive adoption of the expanding FT Wilshire Index offering across North America. The opportunity will also exist to leverage the entire Wilshire multi-asset offering as may be appropriate to meet identified client needs.
Day-to-day, this individual will be focusing on developing relationships and driving adoption with ETF Issuers, Asset Owners, Bank derivatives desks, Insurance companies and Consultants. It would further be expected that opportunities could be identified within other segments of the financial services industry as may be identified. The successful candidate will be expected to represent Wilshire with the utmost professionalism and integrity in all client interactions, whether it is written or oral. This position reports to the Head of EMEA Sales.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Heads of EMEA and NA Sales to develop business plans meant to create, coordinate, and close sales opportunities in line with the agreed strategy
- Proactively market the complete FT Wilshire Index offering (which includes thematic, ESG, digital assets and custom indexes)
- Deliver on the agreed revenue and other sales metrics
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of viable prospects
- Experience using Salesforce CRM
- Work with teams across Wilshire to develop efficient cross-selling opportunities
- Proactively share experiences, best practices and suggestions for improvement
- Attend industry conferences as needed
- Connect with prospects virtually
- Professionally present to various audience sizes
- Travel within your assigned territory to grow relationships and revenue
What you have
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the Index/data solution space across the investment management or financial services industries, in a sales capacity
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to source, develop and close deals in accordance with relevant timelines
- Demonstrated success in Index licensing/data sales, and the ability to establish sales objectives and meet goals
- Ability to work closely with clients on solutions for their indexing needs
- Ability to leverage an established network and identify opportunities for broad Wilshire offerings (multi-assets)
- Proven experience managing a sales territory and pipeline
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Ability to interact credibly (demonstrating “executive presence”) with all levels of a prospect organization, from executive management to junior investment staff
- Track record of overachievement against targets
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and change focus and priorities as a result
- An entrepreneurial bent and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” orientation while consistently displaying a passion for excellence
What you get:
- Competitive compensation package, including a bonus opportunity
- An international, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Inclusion in a growth focused business committed to developing and delivering the future for the FT Wilshire Index franchise
- Work/Life Balance: 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the last business week of the year)
- 401(k) Company Match
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Parental Leave, wellness programs
- CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until September. In September, our expectation is that we will transition to a hybrid work-from-home / in-office environment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Advisors adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire Advisors LLC is an SEC-registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.
This position is located at 600 Lexington Ave 33rd Fl, New York/New Jersey. View the Google Map in full screen.