Associate – North American Sales (Intermediary)
Wilshire is a leading global investment technology and advisory company, dedicated to improving outcomes for investors worldwide. Specializing in innovative investment solutions, consulting services, multi-asset analytics and a growing range of index solutions, Wilshire serves more than 500 institutional and intermediary clients worldwide, delivering a high quality, coordinated platform of client-centric investment solutions that leverage the entire firm’s resources to the maximum benefit of our clients.
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. We are known for creating a global brand with market-defining products such as the Wilshire 5000 Total Market Index. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
You will be responsible for supporting the North American Sales team’s efforts to grow the firm’s presence within the financial intermediary market by interacting extensively with prospects, clients, and internal professionals. You will also help support the development of investment advisory and discretionary management opportunities and helping uncover opportunities to sell Wilshire’s benchmarks, portfolio management tools and data services to financial intermediaries. This position reports to the Head of North American Sales.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with senior members of the sales team to help build and maintain an active pipeline of viable prospects through proactive outbound communication initiatives
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop and produce of sales and marketing materials and campaigns
- Enable sales team to meet stretch revenue goals
- Assist in prospect proposals and RFP response completion
- Participate in new product development initiatives for the financial intermediary market
- Build relationships within Wilshire to ensure collaboration and teamwork across the business development team and throughout the firm
- Work on ad hoc projects
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Superior organizational skills
- An entrepreneurial bent and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” orientation while consistently displaying a passion for excellence
- Strong results orientation and ability to work independently with sufficient attention to detail and follow-up
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the investment management or financial services industry
- Understanding of investment securities, mutual funds, and asset allocation
- Ability to interact effectively with both prospective clients and cross-functional teams
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Initiative and prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Active and valid FINRA licenses that allow for the sale of private securities. If you are not currently licensed, you will have a condition of employment to obtain relevant licenses.
What you get:
- Competitive compensation package, including quarterly commission opportunities
- An international, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Work/Life Balance: 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the last business week of the year)
- 401(k) Company Match
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Parental Leave, wellness programs
- CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until September. In September, our expectation is that we will transition to a hybrid work-from-home / in-office environment.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Advisors LLC adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire Advisors LLC is an SEC-registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.
This position is located in Multiple Locations. View the Google Map in full screen.