Power Delivery Project Manager
Power Delivery Project Manager - Rochester, NY
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Power Delivery Project Manager to join our team in our Rochester office. The Project Manager will manage, direct, and coordinate all aspects of work related to the new or rebuilding of overhead transmission lines. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the overall project scope, schedule, cost, and risk management as well as establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and any other project stakeholder. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages overall project performance (quality, scope, schedule, cost, communication, resource issues, risks, and customer satisfaction), utilizing the resources of team members.
- Serves as single-point-of-contact by establishing, maintaining, and managing customer, subcontractor, and joint venture partner's expectations (where applicable) relating to project performance.
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations and participate in contract negotiations.
- Reports project status and performance data as required to management, project sponsors, and other stakeholders.
- Plans, monitors, and controls the project throughout its life-cycle (bid, contract award, engineering/design, procurement, construction, closeout).
- Work closely with the project team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to the client’s satisfaction
- At any given time could be involved in a combination of:
- Managing a major project.
- Mentoring others. (based on PMI's PMBOK®)
- Assist in marketing and business development activities.
- Assist in engineering changes to the project plans.
- Developing Main Line’s Process for managing Projects.
- Developing Standards for Engineering Project Execution (Checklists, Flowcharts, etc.)
- Knowledge of Transmission, Distribution and Substation Projects
- Knowledge and application of PM processes.
- Knowledge and application of Financial Management.
- At least 2 years’ experience as PM for Electric Power Delivery Projects
- Ability to lead small teams.
- Basic understanding and application of contract commercial terms.
- Experience / knowledge of construction operations, power transmission & distribution design, financial acumen and team-based management.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Thorough understanding of utility industry practices/standards, operations, contract management with emphasis on power projects.
- Proficient understanding of CPM scheduling and associated software applications (Primavera, MS Project) is required.
- Proficient understanding of Project Controls.
- BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or the ability to attain within 2 years of employment.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 75 Thruway Park Drive, Offices 117-121, Rochester, NY. View the Google Map in full screen.