Solar Project Manager
Solar Project Manager - Madison, WI
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Solar Project Manager to join our team in our Madison, WI office. The Project Manager will manage, direct, and coordinate all aspects of work related to development and construction of Solar Farms. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the overall project scope, schedule, cost and risk management as well as establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with subcontractors, the Westwood Project Team, the client, other consultants working for the client, regulatory agencies, and any other project stakeholder. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages overall project performance (quality, scope, schedule, cost, communication, resource issues, risks and customer satisfaction), utilizing the resources of team members.
- Serves as primary point-of-contact by establishing, maintaining and managing customer, subcontractor, and joint venture partner's expectations (where applicable) relating to project performance.
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations and participate in contract negotiations. Additionally prepare work orders, change orders or purchase orders as scope changes occur.
- Reports project status and performance data as required to management, project sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Plans, monitors, and controls the project throughout its life-cycle (bid, contract award, project development, project engineering/design, procurement, construction, close out).
- Work closely with the project team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to the client’s satisfaction. Work with the project team to cross sell additional Westwood services and products
- At any given time could be involved in a combination of:
- Managing a major project.
- Managing several minor projects.
- Mentoring others. (based on PMI's PMBOK®)
- Assist in marketing and business development activities.
- Developing Westwood’s Processes and Standards for managing Projects.
- Developing Standards for Project Execution (Checklists, Flowcharts, etc.)
- Knowledge of Solar Projects
- Knowledge and application of PM processes.
- Knowledge and application of Financial Management.
- At least 4 years’ experience as a Project Manager for similar projects
- Ability to lead small teams.
- Basic understanding and application of contract commercial terms.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Thorough understanding of development, construction, design, operations, contract management with emphasis on power industry projects.
- Proficient understanding of CPM scheduling or associated software (Primavera, MS Project) and proficient understanding of Deltek Vision or associated software is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of Project Controls.
- BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or the ability to attain within 2 years of employment.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 8401 Greenway Blvd Suite 400, Madison, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.