Water Resources Graduate Engineer
Graduate Engineer - Plano, TX
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Graduate Engineer to join our Water Resources team in our Plano, TX office. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients. Talent and attitude are key personality traits we assess when hiring new team members.
A graduate engineer will be expected to perform hydrologic analysis and hydraulic computations to support large-scale land development projects on the Front Range. Duties will also include producing construction plan sheets for storm water infrastructure. Graduate engineers will interact with municipal and government jurisdictions to obtain approvals for submittals. Looking for an engineer who is interested in water resources engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data collection and analysis
- Assist in the preparation of schematic exhibits, calculating quantities, and checking the accuracy and date of work
- All other related work as assigned by supervisor to support the Water Resources team
- Prepares construction drawing to include storm sewer systems, storm water facilities, and open channels
- Demonstrates willingness to accept new challenges and responsibilities
- Ability to follow general direction and work independently and within a team
- On the job training to learn knowledge of firm's policies, practices, standards, and local/standard agency regulations and standards
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 4+ years experience; or
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering with no experience required
- EIT preferred
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 2901 Dallas Parkway, Suite 400, Plano, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.