Water Resources Graduate Engineer
GRADUATE ENGINEER - LAS VEGAS, NV
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Graduate Engineer to join our Water Resources team in our Las Vegas, NV office. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients and community. A graduate engineer will be expected to learn and perform hydrologic analysis and hydraulic computations to support small and large-scale design projects. Project types include due diligence, master planning, residential, commercial, and private/public infrastructure. Duties will also include conducting hydrologic/hydraulic analyses, report preparation and coordinating on construction plan sheets for storm water infrastructure. Graduate engineers will interact with municipal and government jurisdictions to obtain approvals for submittals. Looking for an engineer who is interested in water resources engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research and data collection
• Prepare hydrologic assessments to support drainage patterns and quantify runoff
• Prepare hydraulic assessments to support the storm drain infrastructure recommendations for flood protection
• Prepare reports to document data source, assumptions, assessments, results, and recommendations.
• Assist in the preparation of schematic exhibits, calculating quantities and checking the accuracy and date of work
• All other related work as assigned by supervisor to support the Water Resources team
• Demonstrates willingness to accept new challenges and responsibilities
• Show competence in communicating project status and design challenges
• Ability to follow general direction and work independently and within a team
• Display the desire to gain broad civil engineering knowledge while becoming proficient in water resources
• On the job training to learn knowledge of firm's policies, practices, standards and local/standard agency regulations and standards
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 4+ years experience; or
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering with no experience required
• Prior exposure to HEC-HMS, HEC-1, HEC-RAS, WSPG, HY8, AutoCAD or GIS is ideal but not required
• EIT preferred but not required
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located in Las Vegas, NV. View the Google Map in full screen.