Senior Project Manager
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team in our Minneapolis, MN office. Senior Project Managers are ultimately responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, quality assurance/quality control and completion of land projects for clients. Project management is the backbone of Westwood. Project management success dictates the success of our company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly delivers profitable and successful projects for our clients
- Participate in the preparation of project proposals
- Leading the planning and implementation of land projects
- Define project tasks, schedule and resource requirements
- Provide day-to-day guidance to the project team
- Responsible for coordinating the internal team and external stakeholders of each project
- Provides on-going communication with clients
- Responsible for project financials, including invoicing, accounts receivable, collections, profitability, billing rates, and staff utilization
- Possesses a thorough understanding of site development and local entitlement process
- Establishes QA/QC goals for the projects and assist with achievement of those goals.
- Complies with, and helps enforce company standards, policies, and procedures
- Client service and business development
- Project financial management
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills
- Site development design skills
- Effective written and verbal communication is necessary and independent judgment is essential
- Can mentor staff and project teams
- Excellent time management skills
- Routinely demonstrates a positive attitude and solution-oriented approach to problems.
- Professional Engineer licensed in Minnesota
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience for land development projects
Preferred Consideration (Not Required)
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a project engineer
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture or Land Surveying
- Possess a strong network and a good reputation among peers, clients and agencies.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 12701 Whitewater Drive Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.