Director, Power Systems
Director, Power Systems - Minneapolis, MN
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Director, Power Systems, to join our team in our Minneapolis, MN office. The Director of Power Systems, will provide leadership to the T&D, substation, renewable electrical systems, battery storage, and systems studies services groups within the Power Division. The leader will also support the operations of the Division through staff planning, service expense and budget management, implementation of strategic objectives, and collaboration with other power division operation leaders. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, Supervise and mentor service level staff.
- Create alignment within the Service teams through regular Service leadership meetings and collaboration with other Group Service Leaders.
- Implement a consistent resource management system across service groups and work with other Group Service Leaders to update the plan as needed.
- Develop a plan for service hiring and provide input to Business Operations regarding staff recruiting needs based on information from National Market Leaders. Additionally, develop a plan for rotating staff between service groups as needed to ensure staff development.
- Lead annual labor category, utilization, pay adjustments, and year-end compensation based on parameters provided by Operations Leader.
- Provide input on required software and associated software development and use of standards.
- Facilitate Power strategic planning input from service groups and support implementation of strategic planning to service groups, including new product offerings and innovative solutions, creating or integrating additional services.
- Manage service expenses based on Division Budgeting Process and support the development of business cases for costs not included in Budgets.
- Maintain knowledge of Power Division Markets and support the implementation of strategies provided by the National Market Leaders to grow the markets.
- Support collaboration with other division service Leaders to create operational consistency across the company where possible.
- Manage professional licensure for the services groups and develop plans to minimize risk.
- Knowledge of transmission, distribution, substation, and renewable energy projects
- Experience and knowledge of P&L management
- Thorough understanding of energy industry practices/standards, operations, and contract management.
- Approximately 15 years of experience in the power industry
For Preferred Consideration (Not Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering or related field.
- Professional engineering licensure
- Experience managing consulting teams.
- Experience working with or within public utilities
- Proficiency with project management
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and has grown to serve clients from multiple U.S. offices across the nation. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News-Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This position is located at 12701 Whitewater Drive Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.