Water Resources Graduate Engineer
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Water Resources Graduate Engineer - Minneapolis, MN
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Water Resources Graduate Engineer to join our team beginning in May of 2022 in our Minneapolis, MN office. This position will be a part of our Power Division. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Job duties include stormwater design, watershed permitting, hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, and FEMA studies using state-of the-art technology. More specific duties may include: preparation of design drawings, producing design calculations, drainage design and writing technical reports. Additional duties include:
• Develop hydrologic and hydraulic models.
• Coordinate with civil, electrical and environmental teams within Westwood.
• Perform drainage calculations and designs.
• Write technical reports documenting design methodologies.
• Assist with site visits and inspections as needed.
• Support the construction stormwater team with shear stress calculations, exhibit creation and erosion control design.
• Find and utilize various GIS datasets to support work on water resources are other related projects
Skills and Qualifications:
• BS or MS degree in civil or water resources engineering.
• 0-4 years of experience stormwater hydrology and modeling.
• The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, open to learn, adaptable to change, and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities.
• The candidate should possess strong communication skills, problem solving and organization skills along with the ability to write technical proposals, reports and publications
For Preferred Consideration (Not Required):
• Previous work experience including an intimate knowledge of hydraulic modeling software programs (for example: HydroCAD, HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Flo-2D, etc) is required. Experience using CAD and GIS software (AutoCAD Civil 3D and ESRI ArcGIS).
• EIT, PE, CPESC and/or CESSWI certifications preferred.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 12701 Whitewater Drive Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.