Civil Engineering Intern
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Civil Engineering Intern - Minneapolis, MN
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Civil Engineering Intern to join our team beginning in Summer of 2022 in our Minneapolis, MN office. This position is a part of our Power Division. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing professional and technical support to multiple Westwood projects
• Due diligence and site investigation
• Site design including: facility plan & profile, cross sections, grading and erosion control plans, and storm water management facilities
• Preparation of specifications
• Analysis existing delivery route to determine existing road conditions
• Other duties as assigned
• Enrolled in a four-year or two-year technical school, college or university majoring in civil/environmental engineering.
• Strong technical, communication and interpersonal skills and works best in a fast-paced environment. Along with detailed documentation focus and sound technical writing skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) a must.
• Civil 3D and AutoCAD drafting experience is a plus
• Flexibility to travel/work in the field for extended periods and have the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and various terrains associated with construction projects.
• You must be at least 18 years old.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 12701 Whitewater Drive Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.