Structural Engineering Co-Op
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Structural Engineering Co-Op - Madison, WI
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Structural Engineering Co-Op to join our team beginning in January of 2022 in our Madison, WI office. This position will be a part of our Power Division. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for structural design of foundations and ancillary structures for utility scale wind and solar facilities.
• Prepares or directs the structural design reports, specifications, and plans.
• Assist Project Managers in the drafting and design of utility scale solar projects.
• Provide professional and technical support to multiple Westwood projects.
• Day-to-day support and input to internal and External Project Managers.
• Enrolled in an ABET accredited B.S. program in civil/structural engineering. Related work experience a plus.
• Familiar with applicable codes and standards (IBC, ASCE 7, AISC 360, ACI 318) including loading calculations.
• Knowledge of shallow and deep foundations, including spread footings, slab-on-grade, piles and concrete caissons is a plus. Knowledge of connection design is a plus.
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) a must.
• Proficient with structural engineering software, such as Mathcad, STAAD, RISA, Enercalc, a plus.
• AutoCAD drafting experience is a plus.
• Effective verbal communication and technical writing skills.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and check the quality of own work.
• Ability to use sound engineering judgment.
• Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to details.
• Minimal travel possible.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 8401 Greenway Blvd Suite 400, Madison, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.