Civil Graduate Engineer
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Civil Graduate Engineer - Madison, WI
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Civil Graduate Engineer to join our team in our Madison, WI office. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Project Managers in the drafting and design of utility scale wind and solar projects.
• Providing professional and technical support to multiple Westwood projects.
• Due diligence and site investigation
• Site design including: facility plan & profile, cross sections, grading and erosion control plans, and storm water management facilities
• Quantity take-offs and cost estimates
• Preparation of specifications
• Preparation of permit applications
• Construction administration
• Design and production in AutoCAD Civil 3D software
• Day-to-day support and support to Project Managers.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
• Engineer-In-Training or on track to obtain the certificate.
• One to Four years of civil engineering experience.
• Ability to apply standard engineering principles and practices.
• Detailed documentation focus.
• Sound technical writing skills.
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) a must.
• Civil 3D and AutoCAD drafting experience is a plus.
• Solar or Wind Background is a plus.
• Flexibility to travel - specific to projects.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2020, Westwood ranked on the top 150 design firms on Engineering News Record (ENR), #4 on Zweig Group’s Hot Firm’s List, and #9 on Best Firms to Work For, all national industry lists and record-breaking rankings for the firm.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is located at 8401 Greenway Blvd Suite 400, Madison, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.